Front Row [New Theme]

This looks very promising.

One thing though. In the List View Music and Video the file names are cut off but  the rating stars can be seen on top of the same artist/movie art … uuuhhmm … not sure what to think of it.

Thanks Medic for your observations… I agree… and I am currently redesigning list view

Check out new gallery view…your thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks.

1 Like

Congrats on this AMAZING theme…

After months of not having my hub, i finally have it again so i can load this theme and try it out.

architectonic wrote: Check out new gallery view…

Wow, your redesigned Gallery looks very very …VERY nice! Keep it up!   :smiley: 

aweaomw job, any thoghts on folder layout/look?

The new Gallery view looks nice aswell.Question though, the thumbs at the bottom of the gallery view, do they not not show the name of movies?

Hi PTiger

Thanks for your comments, Much appreciated!

Unfortunately, to answer your question, my theme (and others) will not be able to display a scrolling ‘movie title’ adjacent the screenshot along the bottom of the screen…

… there are other ways by adding LARGE TEXT along AND above the screenshot, however this method does not work well with other views.  :cry:

Hope you can follow my short explanation…its too late to explain further!

Will try to update my WIP soon as poss… I have been rather otherwise engaged and  haven’t been online lately to be truly proactive to my Theme.

Yawn and apologies!

@ Medic

TY and will try to KEEP IT UP!!  :smileyvery-happy:

@ Drizzt09

Thanks for your appreciation!

…folder layout will not work within gallery view…due to …as i’m sure you are aware…the Firmware.  :flushed:

FW upgrade!! ohhh when will this happen??  I await in anticipation…zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I use folders in Gallery. Genre folders

WOW THIS IS SWEET

WOULD LOVE TO SEE A BETA SOON??

:)

@drizzt09

I do too Drizz, but can’t make the them work with current Folder image display in Gallery view… its just a slight price to pay with my theme… sorry!

architectonic wrote:

@ Medic

TY and will try to KEEP IT UP!!  :smileyvery-happy:

LOL … :laughing:

Please see my first Post for update on Moviesheet Template development news.

Thanks.

Architectonic…  :stuck_out_tongue:

Good thing is that Joey’s backdrop and coverart will work on this theme however the Mediaflags could be the reason why people want this theme on their hub.

Let’s hope then that Joey figures out how to get his mediaflag add-on to work and maybe it will work on your theme.

@ Medic

i havent pursued the mediaflag add-on, as it isnt compatible with any of the themes im currently working on.

being honest… personally, mediaflags are not that important to me… same applies to imdb ratings

Ok Joey, it looks nice on the youtube trailer you uploaded but it’s not the end of the world without them.

Making this theme compatible with your Movie, Music, Folder and TV template gives it a big plus. There’s no need to make new movie backdrops ect. when switching themes every now and then.

Hi Medic

I understand you enthusiasm for the media flags and like I said I was rather reluctant to lose them… but I think compatability with Joeys theme(s) is a major advantage! 

I may however ask Joey about his workaround (the posted youtube clip of media flags being added) and whether I could make it work within the Gallery view layout design… note that this method will only work in gallery view.

PS… Will hopefully post new rv_video_browse view by end of weekend. Have also added newly designed ‘watched’ and ‘favourite’ icons to this view and also rv_large_video_browse view.

PPS… Will also try to update first post as there’s alot of stuff which is now obsolete and could be misleading to forum… sorry… 

architectonic wrote:> … I think compatability with Joeys theme(s) is a major advantage! …

Architectonic … it is a MAJOR advantage and makes it a lot easier when changing themes. :smiley:

Looking forward to your new screenshots!

@ medic

Yeh… I just hope other future themer’s adopt this approach…then we would ALL would be singing from the same song / Moviesheet !!  :smileyvery-happy: