Friend gave me their WD My Passport - driver missing/inaccessible

Hi,
I received a WD My Passport hard drive and USB from a friend. I am almost positive he wiped it/made sure it was empty, however, I am wondering if he was supposed to reset any permission settings?
My driver is unavailable. I installed WD Drive Utilities & the drive shows up there. However in my device manager, it does show up, but it says there’s no driver installed. I tried update driver, and that said there was nothing to install. I can’t right click the driver to access properties as it stalls for a bit and then says my access is denied. It shows up in my Windows 10 bluetooth and other devices as well, but again says Driver is Unavailable. Hoping to get some guidance on what to do next. Thank you

Hi @thearthubb,

Have you opened a Support Case? If not opened, for more information, please contact the WD Technical Support team for the best assistance and troubleshooting:
https://support-en.wd.com/app/ask

Perhaps the formatting is wrong? Try Disk Utility/equivalent to see if it’s there, have a unique partition that’s happen, and if empty/in wrong format, just update it there.

#WDUserRewards