Frequent disconnection

Hello WD team,

I have been facing Frequent disconnections for my WD Passport (external HDD) on my CISCO C220 M5 servers.

They are connected via SEDNA USB HUB RACK ( Sedna 13 Port USB 3.1 Gen I Hub) . There are multiple USB drives connected and mounted on the server but there are random disconnections.

OS is Windows 2016.
Bitlocker for securing the HDD

We have checked the USB driver is Up to Date.

Can you please suggest what can be the issue??

Hi,

As per the details shared, WD does not recommend connecting WD external drive by using any hub/switch.

Please refer to this KBA article: Error

I would suggest to connect the drive directly with the computer by using a different USB cable.

In order to understand the health of the drive, we would request you to install and WD Drive Utilities and run the test:

Title: How to install WD Drive Utilities( For both Windows and MAC)
Link: Error

Hello Neha,

Thanks for your update.

We have CISCO C220 M5 Server on which is connected to we have a SEDNA USB HUB RACK ( Sedna 13 Port USB 3.1 Gen I Hub and from the hub we have multiple WD HDDs connected. Now the issue is these HDDs gets disconnected randomly.

OS is Windows 2016.
Bitlocker for securing the HDD

Connecting Directly is good option but we have multiple HDDs which needs to be connected and then mounted on the server at the same time.

So any other recommendation?

You should try contacting WD’s Technical Support about this for live assistance and troubleshooting

To Contact WD for Technical Support

support.wdc.com

Create a Support Case