Freezes when playing Netflix after 2.06.10 update

I didn’t have this problem until after installing 2.07.17 .  Since then, it has been frequent.

Hi

After upgrading to version 2.07.17 NetFlix would freeze after watching something for 3 to 4 minutes. When I pulled the power lead out of the back of the unit for a few seconds, then pushed it back in, I could enter Netflix and watch the program without freezing.

The next time I would use Netflix the same thing would happen.

I fixed the problem by down grading to version 2.06.10

Regards

1 Like

I’ve been having the same problem with Netflix freezing up. It’s been happening for weeks now (latest firmware) and each time I have to pull the power. It usually happens when I have something paused, so I don’t notice it until I try to continue playing whatever it is that I’m watching. I’ve seen messages about this problem going back at least 5 months. I’ve only noticed it since about the last firmware update, but has WD really left people hanging with this problem that long??

I’m having the same problem as everyone else. Netflix freezes in the middle of a movie and the only way to recover is to pull the power plug and restart the WD TV Live Hub. I’m wired using gigabit ethernet. Also running the latest firmware release 2.07.17. I have plenty of bandwidth from my internet provide AT&T U-Verse.

Netflix works fine on my Wii connected to the same switch and it’s running wireless.

Bumping this as I’m also still seeing the problem and it doesn’t seem to be a priority to get it fixed.

I’m on a 50Mb/s connection and the Hub is wired to my gigibit router. Like others have said, the Hub is the only device in my house that seems to have this occasional problem. Even if the Netflix buffer does run dry, why does that mean that the Hub should have to ignore all input? No other device I use to stream Netflix has this flaw.

I’m also having this problem… I’m on 2.08.13 of firmware. And as of tonight Netflix won’t even start on the device, it sits at the loading screen. Other internet applications work fine. 

I’v Been Having This Issue For Around 4 Months. I’v Just Been To Busy To Check On It. Most Of The Time It’s A Netflix Movie That Runs For About 30 Min Then THe Unit Freezes And Will Stay That Way Forever (I’v Left It Running For Days In This State) A Hard Reset Is The Only Thing That Brings It Back. Once It’s Back, It’s Fine. Untill You Run Netflix Again. I Really Hope You Guys Can Figure It Out. 1/3 The Reason I Have This Thing Is For The Streaming Option.

You Guys Made A Good Product. I Love The Thing. But Please Fix This Small Issue.

Since The Last Update Netflix Has Been Much Better. Good Job Guys

Unit is Freezing at end of playing a TV series

Hub has Firmware : 3.03.13

Does it everytime (12 videos in a row)

Plays through the whole video and freezes at the end

the only way to get out of it, is to unplug it

Just bought a WD TV live today, upgraded to the latest firmware and getting Netflix problems already. Playback seems good so far, but if you cancel playback using the stop button on the remote the Netflix partially locks up. When you use the menu to browse around after pressing stop, the Internet connection seems to be locked up and only works again if you power the box on and off again (although using the power button on the remote seems to be enough, no plug pulling required). There seems to be some serious issues with this box and Netflix that have (according to these forums) been around for ages. Are there any plans to fix this ever?

I should have mentioned in my last post, I have a 30mb Internet connection and Netflix works just fine on my laptops and PCs etc. Just the WD TV Live that has issues…

e0n_UK wrote:
I should have mentioned in my last post, I have a 30mb Internet connection and Netflix works just fine on my laptops and PCs etc. Just the WD TV Live that has issues…

• *Wrong thread, about the wrong device, in the wrong forum, about the wrong version! :slight_smile: