Found.000 folder

I see this post from January regarding these “found” folders but I still have a question. One of these folders suddenly appeared on my WDTVLH internal drive. It has one file in it, a 3.99 GB one called fil000.chk. First, I don’t know why this has appeared unless the WDTVLH created it. My computer should treat the Live Hub as another computer on the network, right? Second, is it ok to delete the folder and/or contents? 3.99 GB is a pretty big chunk. Third, any ideas on how to keep this from happening again?

the folder and files appears when the filesystem check is done on WD TV Live Hub device during a boot. Imagine a situation when you are watching a movie and the power outage appears. On the next start the device will check the filesystem integrity and if found some errors, it will try to fix them.

I’m not sure that’s true.

The WDTV Live Hub runs Ubuntu Linux.   FSCK is the file system integrity check, and to my knowledge, FSCK does NOT create “found.000” files.   Linux FSCK puts files in a directory called “lost+found”

found.xxx files, as far as I know, ONLY come from Windows CHKDSK.

Is it possible that those files were actually on an EXTERNAL hard drive that you then SYNC’d to the Hub’s hard drive?

Tony: Is it possible that those files were actually on an EXTERNAL hard drive that you then SYNC’d to the Hub’s hard drive?

No. I do not sync. I know exactly what that file is. I use compressed files (h.264 or xvid) rather than iso’s on my Hub. The largest of these is about 2.2 GB.  I did do one iso to test it out and it was about 4 GB. I deleted that file using the Hub’s interface. This must be that file.

MarkS,   if you are using IE9 please visit the link below:

http://community.wdc.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/IE9-and-WDC-Forum-Compatibility/td-p/167170