Forum is supposed to get benefit from other experiences

Hi,

I have been seeing a lot of similar issue on this forum. and instead of givning explanation in the open thread, support team is sending “Private Message” to address the issue.

I’m failed to understand why it is like that. instead of getting the information from the related thread which was already started and addressed by the WD-support team, one is forced to RECREATE a similar thread and WAIT for the support team to look into it and provide the feedback.

The staff will PM you if private information needs to be provided such as RMA or Case numbers. Not all the cases are the same and need different solutions. 

yes, I agree with it when it involves private information to be mentioned. but, my question was about generic threads that discuss the policy matters. just as an example, i was wondering about the “Pre-Paid” return label for RMA. i found the same question, but it was replied privately and i had to create a incident for same thing - which i’m still waiting for someone to look and respond. Thanks

yacir wrote:
yes, I agree with it when it involves private information to be mentioned. but, my question was about generic threads that discuss the policy matters. just as an example, i was wondering about the “Pre-Paid” return label for RMA. i found the same question, but it was replied privately and i had to create a incident for same thing - which i’m still waiting for someone to look and respond. Thanks

We’re still working on a few issues that are affecting RMA processes on the WD Support Portal.  So, actually none of these should be being handled publicly like this.  As for pre-paid return policy on RMAs.  We pay for our shipping to you, and you pay for your shipping to us.  That’s how it is.