Formating in "Factory Default" Windows XP?

Well I have two operative system, Win 7 and XP.

In Win 7 works great, but I needed to do a Quick formater on “Factory Default” to do Security Copy/System Image of Windows 7 (If I do a security copy without do a quick formater of WD this show an error of device).

Now in XP the External Drive of My essential 3TB my Book do not appear on “my computer”, appear like “new device found”, but not the Drive, so I can’t access to my External Drive.

There is a solution to use both OS with My Book without problems? Or if I want to use in XP I need to re-format again to XP compatibility? :S

There is no a mode to use 100% in both?

Thanks.

It should work in both OS, have you tried checking the driver? (click start/rclick computer/manage/device manager) look for any yellow triangle. And what files are you trying to copy?

trythesefirst wrote:

It should work in both OS, have you tried checking the driver? (click start/rclick computer/manage/device manager) look for any yellow triangle. And what files are you trying to copy?

Is a Image System of Windows 7 that is a Back up of all data of the Hard Disk (Including software, OS). This do not work if I do not do a format in “Factory Default”, so I need mandatorily do a System Image.

In default WD My book works on both OS. But when I do a Quick format in Factory default to create the “System Image of Windows” is impossible to appear the External Drive on XP?

If I got that correctly, you made a system image of win 7 and you want to use it in a win xp?

trythesefirst wrote:

If I got that correctly, you made a system image of win 7 and you want to use it in a win xp?

No, I want to use the My Book on XP to save files. I want to use it XD.

Ok thanks, have you tried to check the drive status under device manager and disk utility.

trythesefirst wrote:

Ok thanks, have you tried to check the drive status under device manager and disk utility.

In WD Support they told me than in Windows XP Hard Drive External bigger than 2TB (My Book is 3TB) do not recognize the disk T.T

Yes XP 32 bit normally only recognizws 2T so you need to use the WD format tool there is an option for XP.  Find your drive at WD and check the downloads. See if this helps http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/search/1/a_id/3868

Joe