Format WD Black dual drive

I’m very sure you could use Acronis to do this and it would work if done properly. You would just setup the one partition for C: as mentioned and then clone it there. You MIGHT have to use a windows recovery disk if you don’t get a boot. Just run the Boot Trouble shooter and it usually fixes it. After you get a good boot use Disk manager to establish the remaining space to a partition for the D: drive. You’ll need to remember to install ALL new software that you can to the D: drive as C: will only be ~120GB.

If it doesn’t work by cloning…just start over again. :slight_smile:

I would suggest you install Windows as a Custom Install so it’s fresh (new installation) rather than clone it. It will work a lot better in my opinion.

Also note that you DO NOT have to use Windows Disk Manager to set up the 1st partition. You can use what ever software you want by connecting the Black² via USB on a working computer. Install the partitioning software you like and have at it. Make only that one partition for C: drive so you don’t have any confusion about where to clone/install the OS. Installation of Windows will make other partitions so remember do not remove them once you have Windows installed unless you are starting all over.

Here is a very informative thread about the Black² with a lot of info! Good luck!
HERE