Forced to reset

As I wrote  here there’s not enough info yet on how to reproduce this bug.

That’s all fine and good…but this is a retail device, marketed at retail customers. While I understand when you discuss “jumbo frames and UPNP”, the average retail buyer is just gonna say “it doesn’t work, give me a refund, I’ll buy that thing from Amazon”.

And that’s a big, big “fale” on WD’s part.

If you can’t “reproduce” the failure, then don’t put the item on the market until you do…and fix it.

GA

Edit: in response to your question about playing from USB: I don’t know if the problem happens with locally-attached USB. I have not tried it, and I’m not going to do WDTV’s investigations for them. I bought this device exclusively to stream media from my DLNA NAS devices; if it cannot do that dependably then I’ll go find another product that will.

Simply put, I’m looking for a device that will allow me to sit at my TV, hit a couple buttons on my Harmony remote, and start playing media, something I can show my wife how to use.

Not an attack on you - I do sincerely appreciate your responses - but if I wanted to get all techie and be a tester/investigator I’d go build myself an HTPC. But I don’t.