My Videos

Hollywood Movies
        International Movies
        Kids
        Series 

Fotos
Album 1

Album 2

How can I tell “Videos” folder is the root for videos and “Fotos” is the root for photos?
Now, when I select the video menu I see the “Videos” folder instead of directly see the categories and the same for photos.

The only way is to mix photo albums and video categories in the root of the disk?

Both of your posts are in the wrong forum.   This forum is for the Live / Live+, not the Hub.

The first thing to show up in any of the views is the Share Name.

So if you want to see it like this:

(Select VIDEO)

My Videos

Hollywood Movies

International Movies

Kids

Series

then you need to make EACH of those their own share, and stop sharing the “VIDEOS” folder.

Thany you Tony for your anwser and excuse me but I see the post in the correct forum. I’m at “WD TV Live Hub Media Player : General Discussions”. May be it’s appearing in both.

I will appreciate if you can explain a little more this. What is the share name?

That’s because a moderator moved your post.  It’s now in the correct place.

You say that when you select the VIDEOs section of the Hub, that the first thing you see is VIDEOS.

That’s because you have a folder called VIDEOS shared.

If you do NOT want it that way, then stop sharing VIDEOS, and instead share each of the subfolders separately.

It has nothing to do with shares as the structure listed above is on the Hub itself not a network drive or similar.

There is no way to set the level at which the hub ‘enters’ the folder structure as when it sets up the Media library it will add any folder that contains files of the type you are selecting.

For instance, I could have the following from the root of the hub:

My Music

MP3

Kings of Leon

Youth and Young Manhood

cover.jpg (as a file)

My Photos

Family

photo1.jpg (as a file)

Friends

Holidays

Wedding

My Videos

Comedy

Kids

Hollywood

TV

Dexter

DexterS01E01.jpg (as a file)

If you select the Photo category of the hub menu you will see the following folders and files:

My Music

MP3

Kings of Leon

Youth and Young Manhood

cover.jpg (as a file)

My Photos

Family

photo1.jpg (as a file)

My Videos

TV

Dexter

DexterS01E01.jpg (as a file)

Empty folders are not displayed but ANY folder that contains a supported picture file will be regardless of where it is on the disk.  This is because you have selected the Photos menu option on the hub

It would be great to be able to set the start level of each TYPE that the hub distinguishes between i.e. Photos, Music, Videos.  So in my case I would want to set:

Hub menu option    Hub folder

------------------------     --------------

Photos                       My Photos

Music                         My Music

Videos                       My Videos

This way, when I select Photos on the hub, all I would see is:

My Photos

Family

photo1.jpg (as a file)

Unfortunately it is not currently possible to do this.

1 Like

You are right!! I was thinking it was Network Shares the whole time… Sorry…

gbcasual wrote:

It would be great to be able to set the start level of each TYPE that the hub distinguishes between i.e. Photos, Music, Videos.  So in my case I would want to set:

Hub menu option    Hub folder

------------------------     --------------

Photos                       My Photos

Music                         My Music

Videos                       My Videos

This way, when I select Photos on the hub, all I would see is:

My Photos

Family

photo1.jpg (as a file)

Unfortunately it is not currently possible to do this.

Have you posted in the suggestion box so everyone can vote?

drizzt09 wrote:Have you posted in the suggestion box so everyone can vote?

Yes, I added to an existing one:

http://community.wdc.com/t5/Live-Hub-Ideas/Hide-Folders/idc-p/164158#M704

Go to the Twonkymedia configuration/sharing page and set up your media shares and media types. Unless WD has crippled this function it has always been a feature available in twonky.

Actually, it doesn’t matter. Just don’t use that top level folder. Skip the My Photos folder and promote all the sub folders up to the root. Problem solved. Same with the videos and mp3s.

That’s not a good solution for me. I have 6 categories at video, 150 albums at photos and 400 albums at music and the WDTV is not isolated so it have to be organized.

WDTV disk is mapped as drives in PCs, Music folder is synced with Microsoft SyncToy with a music folder in a notebook, etc.