Folder — Scifi

Files

Battle LA.iso

Battle LA…jpg

Battle LA…xml

Battle LA…_sheet.jpg

Battle LA…jpg

Scifi.jpg as a thumbnail

My scifi thumbnail jpeg doesnt appear, its shows avatar as a thumbnail…

Any thoughts was is that Im doing wrong??

Thanks

Folder thumbnails have to be named “folder.jpg”.

So you will have:

SciFi (folder)

folder.jpg

etc.

1 Like

thanks

So why does Avatar.jpg show up as the thumb for the folder?

The HUB shows the first jpg (alphabetically) as folder thumb when there is no folder.jpg in that folder.

Avatar (A) is probably the first image in that folder.  :smiley:

Medic wrote:

The HUB shows the first jpg (alphabetically) as folder thumb when there is no folder.jpg in that folder.

Avatar (A) is probably the first image in that folder.  :smiley:

So what I did to beat the system was used Folder.png as the name of the file for my folder covers in each folder.Yes they are real .png files not trick .jpg’s renamed. :slight_smile:

@ flhthemi

To Quote you:
“So what I did to beat the system was used Folder.png as the name of the file for my folder covers in each folder.Yes they are real .png files not trick .jpg’s renamed.”

Sorry, but you didnt ‘beat’ any system…  *.png’s  will work for folder and file images.

BUT…  they dont have an ALPHA Channel … ie. ‘Transparency’

That’s the  whole purpose of the [*.png renamed to *.jpg trick’] … is to ‘fool’ the WDTV Live Hub into displaying a Moviesheet,Thumbnail with a ‘Transparency Layer’  ie. An ALPHA Channel.

This only Works with “FILES” but has not/never worked with FOLDER images.

Well I did sorta beat it. ALL I could get the dang thing to display for FOLDER art was the first alpha .jpg it found in a folder. so now I have it displaying what *I* want for folder art. :slight_smile: I know it’s not what we all would LIKE to see but until WD gets off it’s high horse or it’s duff and FIXES the .png problem, it’s what I’m going to use.