Folder Structure - Order of stored content - HUB Flow

Hi

My Media Libraries are set up with folder structures. For movies I have genres, then individual movies (for series of movies I have another folder in between). I have a similar set up for TV shows. I have organised the filenames numerically, so that they appear in the order I want them to.

I use HUBFlow to add images/info for each movie or show & by doing this I lose control of the order. In the case of shows they end up being listed 1, 10, 11, 12 - 19, then 2 & so on. Movies are even more random - generally (but I don’t think always) alphabetical (ignoring the numbering I have added to the file names).

I have also used the “Get Info” option on the HUB, but the results are the same - actually a combination of the 2 really confuses things, so I stick to HUBFlow.

Is this a glitch of the HUB, or is there something I can do to override the problem & order things as I want to?

Thanks…

You have to put the numbers as… 01 02 03 etc etc

Then they will appear correctly.

Otter0911 wrote:

You have to put the numbers as… 01 02 03 etc etc

Then they will appear correctly.

Doesn’t seem to matter what format the numbers are in. Once an image & xml file has been added whatever numnbering system I’ve used seems to be ignored.

Dean,

After you add all the metadata you should use XMLEDITOR to number your movies so they show in numerical order or whatever order you chose…for TV shows i suggest the TVDB Fetcher ,it will help you organize your episodes and fetch to artwork and etc…   good Luck

B

1 Like

When using Media Library, the files are sorted by TITLE, not by Filename (unless there is no metadata for the file, in which case filename sorting is used.)

So you’ll need to mofify the TITLE tag in the XML.

The other option is to use the TV Show filter, which sorts by episode number, not by title or filename.

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestions folks, I’ll give them a try…

BClark wrote:

Dean,

After you add all the metadata you should use XMLEDITOR to number your movies so they show in numerical order or whatever order you chose…for TV shows i suggest the TVDB Fetcher ,it will help you organize your episodes and fetch to artwork and etc…   good Luck

B

Can you point me in the direction of a reliable site to download such a thing & some instructions. Sorry, not clued up on such things! Thanks…

… or use thumbgen instead of hubflow. thumbgen updated the xml for TVshows to auto add the 0 and episodes are ordered perfectly.

1 Like

A new version of HubFlow  is online (1.35).

Episodes numbers are displayed  with 2 digits.

Episodes are now listed in the right order.

http://tobogan.nozonenet.com/HubFlow

1 Like

Thanks for all the replies. Will try the updated HUBFlow…

Tobogan wrote:

A new version of HubFlow  is online (1.35).

Episodes numbers are displayed  with 2 digits.

Episodes are now listed in the right order.

http://tobogan.nozonenet.com/HubFlow

Tobogan - I’ve downloaded the latest version of HUBFlow (1.36) & gone through all my TV shows re-adding the inflo. I’ve then rescanned & restarted my HUB, but eveything is still in the same order. Any ideas?

Thanks…

delete the hidden WD folder and the hidden cache folder. pull power cable from device for 5 seconds and reinsert and it will go through a rescan.

make sure sorting is also by folder

if that doesnt work, press reset button on bottom[will not delete your information]

1 Like

Hi, 

By default, HubFlow won’t overwirte existing xml or jpg files. If you want to change that, you have to click the little " All" button ( only avialble for TV shows) next to the save button.  This way, HbFlow will start over and re-write the xml files with 2 digits.

Allow a few minutes for the media library compilation, and you’re done.

Best,

Chris,

1 Like

Deano,

heres some links for u:

http://www.tonysown.net/XMLFetcher/XMLFetcher.html

http://www.frillen.dk/apps/xml-editor

both work well for me…good luck

1 Like

Thanks for all the replies & tips…

Tobogan wrote:

Hi, 

By default, HubFlow won’t overwirte existing xml or jpg files. If you want to change that, you have to click the little " All" button ( only avialble for TV shows) next to the save button.  This way, HbFlow will start over and re-write the xml files with 2 digits.

Allow a few minutes for the media library compilation, and you’re done.

Best,

Chris,

Regarding the above, this doesn’t quite work. I have now succedded in getting things in the right order (TV shows at least, haven’t sorted movies yet) however, in order to achieve this I needed to delete all existing xml & jpg files, then rescan the HUB so just the titles were showing. Then when I re-added the info via HUBFlow & did another rescan the order was as it should be. Bit time consuming but it works.

Thanks again to all those who chipped in.

Edit to previous post…

Before going through all the shows I have stored (knowing that the longwinded process I already outlined works) I tried something & hey presto. Result!!!

After following the advice from Chris & using HUBFlow to overwrite all existing info I deleted the wdtv folder on the hard drive containing all my TV shows (as per another tip), then restarted my HUB. Everything worked a treat.

Marvelous!!

As a side point, it’s great that so many people contribute to this forum. The less technical of us get to learn loads & get the best out of our equipment. Thanks guys - please don’t ever get bored of posting!!