Folder Sheets with Multiple Movies [Thumbgen]

Thumbgen is perfectly capable & will happily process Multiple Movie Files & Generate a Folder Sheet containing multiple posters.:stuck_out_tongue:

A Sample of 5 Movie Posters on a Folder Sheet … Automatically generated by Thumbgen. (No Photoshop required)

NOTE: FOLDERS SHEETS ONLY WORK USING THE “LINKSHEET” METHOD

The procedure has been around for years… Known as  _ “Buhrics Cover Trickle Sheets” _

_   _

Movies are placed into separate folders, each containing a folder.jpg for the Movie.

Sample Folder Structure for Scraping with Thumbgen + My Modified Template (as seen above)

https://hotfile.com/dl/182769996/576d726/TemplateAndSampleFolder.zip.html

(Thumbgen will create several sheets … but you only need the 1st One, so you can cancel after generating the 1st One)

You can have as Many movie posters as you like on a single sheet. (you just have to redesign the template)

3 Likes

Really great news Joey … at least for all movie fans 

So is Thumbgen also able to process MUSIC files and Generate a Folder Sheet for the artist and albums ?

It is something I tried and asked some people serveral month ago,

but I found no way to do it (so I still use manually google Images and PS or foobar for music pictures).

@Steffen_2009

So is Thumbgen also able to process MUSIC files and Generate a Folder Sheet for the artist and albums ?

Thumbgen doesent handle Music …

Music Folder sheets can only be done manually (i rename them with video file extensions so TG sees them) 

Thumbgen with Music Support has been asked many times … (from memory around 2010 it was marked Low Priority)

Who Knows ?  Maybe Thumbgen 2.0  will have Music Support.

I think some issues with music in TG is having a API that could scrap backdrops.

Although, if you need to find your coverarts and overviews, I would suggest allmusic.com.  For backdrops though, you are on your own.

TW

I am still waiting on your “out of the box” thinking to change the WDTV Live folder and attached hard drive thumbnails.  :wink:

htbackdrops.com has a lot of Music Fanart  (which XBMC uses for Fanart)

(other than that … Google Images)

http://www.htbackdrops.com/v2/index.php

XBMC can Automatically scrape Music for Album Covers & Fanart with the Correct Add-On … then after it’s finished

Export the Library … Select  “Separate Files”

Then your Music Collection will be populated with  Album Cover & Fanart Jpg’s in their folders …

(which you could  then use with Thumbgen with some tinkering around)

I’m not a huge Music fan so, i havent played around with it too much … but

Ive done this on a number occasions with Movies (XBMC scraper seems to grab the Top Rated Covers & Fanart compared with Thumbgen which seems almost random at times with it’s Picture results)

1 Like

Oh, yes of course XBMC … I had a look at it just as an alternative player software in combination with new/different hardware instead of WD SMP/Hub.

But I never looked at XBMC just using it as a robot for collecting the music folder images for album covers and artists/backdrops for thousands of music files.

THAT IS THE IDEE of the week, thanks Joey … 

Now I know what to do at the weekend :smiley::smileyvery-happy::smiley:

JoeySmyth wrote:

Movies are placed into separate folders, each containing a folder.jpg for the Movie.

narrows down to the point that you cannot do it in one process either, in this example 5 folder jpg’s have to be created prior to the folder sheet process, how is this different from the proposed version and how is having subfolders within a subfolder not a disadvantage? Not making trouble, just asking.:stuck_out_tongue:

@ DeVicious

Oh Dear me, did you not realise that now is the season of Good Will?

EDITTED FOR  CLARITY OF THE ORIGINAL AUTHOR’S POST.

@architectonic:

Your aggressive behavior is as unwanted as your well-known unconstructive posts. 

1 Like

Hi 

can i use this with the Æonish Hub FR Revision 2? Firmware Revision 2.07.17

If so, what name must have and where i’ve to put the created sheet?

This is how  i’ve right now the film franchises

Resident Evil-Tetralogia - BR Rip 1080p - Dual[SP-En]+Subs\

2002-Resident Evil I.jpg
2002-Resident Evil I.mkv
2002-Resident Evil I.mkv.tgmd
2002-Resident Evil I.xml
2004-Resident Evil II-Apocalypse.jpg
2004-Resident Evil II-Apocalypse.mkv
2004-Resident Evil II-Apocalypse.mkv.tgmd
2004-Resident Evil II-Apocalypse.xml
2007-Resident Evil III-Extinción.jpg
2007-Resident Evil III-Extinción.mkv
2007-Resident Evil III-Extinción.mkv.tgmd
2007-Resident Evil III-Extinción.xml
2010-Resident Evil IV Ultratumba.jpg
2010-Resident Evil IV Ultratumba.mkv
2010-Resident Evil IV Ultratumba.mkv.tgmd
2010-Resident Evil IV Ultratumba.xml
folder.jpg

Do i need to change something?

@dylanstan

can i use this with the Æonish Hub FR Revision 2? Firmware Revision 2.07.17

Nope

can i use this with turned off Media Library ???

yes, this just has to do with new template layouts