Folder pics keep changing

Hi all,

I’ve got folders that I’ve been putting my videos into. For those folders I’ve chosen pictures. For example, in a folder of Disney movies I chose the Disney logo. Now, at first the image was just the cover image from one of the movies, but after quite a lot of work (sometimes involving making a second folder with a slight different name and naming the image the same and moving all the video files) I got the images I wanted with the folders.

HOWEVER, today the images suddenly switched away from the ones I’d picked! For example, instead of the Disney logo I now see the cover for 20,000 leagues under the sea, which I definitely don’t want.

Can anyone help me fix this? Thanks!

You should rename that image you like as the folder’s thumbnail folder.jpg

If there is no folder.jpg file in the folder, the first image alphabetically will be the one chosen as the folder’s thumbnail.

Thanks for the suggestion but I’ve already got the jpg files with the same name as the folder. It doesn’t make any difference for some reason the pic just switches back to showing one of the movie covers. VERY frustrating. Please help!

I think you misunderstood me. What I meant was use the actual filename “folder.jpg” not the name of the actual folder. If what you are doing is for example you have a movies folder and you named the image movies.jpg, that will not appear as your thumbnail if you have other jpgs in that folder because the first jpg alphabetically will be the one chosen as the folder’s thumbnail.

ooooooooooooooooooh. Thanks. I’ll give that a try.