Folder pic in gallery mode all a sudden not showing up

Ok It seems like since this firmware update a few days ago, everything got buggy. yesterday while just on screen saver, everything got screwy ( different time, wouldnt connect online no matter if reset my modem or powered the hub down or not).

I actually had to do a device reset to get the hub to connect to the internet again.  Now in  Gallery mode, The jpegs for each folder show in the bottom but no longer display in the bigger folder icon area when ever a file is highlighted. What Gives? do i have to wait for ANOTHER firmware update to fix this problem?

Also some one said earlier to go to your Hub Hard drive and check display hidden files. Where on earth do i do that?

Please help anyone?

Are you using the stock theme? or a custom theme?

Its just the stock Gallery mode. The cover flow by on the lower part of the screen as you scroll through them. Above there is a larger thumbnail that shows what ever your highlighting to choose. It use to show the same jpeg that your rested on. Now its just black with the folder icon all the time. I have not done anything as far as sheets or or any modifications. I upgraded the firmware after i got it out of the box which gave me these better gallery modes, then a new firmware was showing availible on i think New years eve, so i foolishly applied it. Thats when it seemed to have gotten very buggy

Yes, the fact that the folder.jpg files no longer show in the big black box is a new bug in 2.03.24.

You can rollback to the previous firmware (at your own risk)

http://wdc.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/wdc.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=5860

Is this something that they will fix in the next update? How often do they release these updates?

enikR wrote:

Is this something that they will fix in the next update? How often do they release these updates?

Thet may fix and then again they may not. They basically release a new update when they choose to.