Folder or browse view of files

Does the WD Live have  file browse view option like the WD HD? How do I enable the browse view in the Live?

Hi, many people have viewed my question but no answer yet.  Just to clarify, I have a usb drive attached which contains only avi files organised in folders.  I can only get WD Live to display the files in thumbnails.  How do I display the files in list view (file browse view)?

In settings/video/audio you will find a setting which controls how the files are viewed (thumbnails, list, or preview).

Hi

I am still trying to find how to get list view of files with a WD TV Live.
The Settings->Audio/Video menu has 4 options (Video output, colour depth, aspect ratio, audio output) but no option relating to file view.  Also the Settings->System settings menu has “Language” etc but no option to set file view.
I upgraded from a WD HD model which had an option to enable list view but I cannot find this in the WD Live.
Firmware version 1.01.00.

Go to Audio/Video and select list view (as I said).  Let me be clearer – if you want to view videos, go to Video and choose your browser display settings.  If you want to view audio, go to audio and choose your browser settings.

abacus7 wrote:

Hi

I am still trying to find how to get list view of files with a WD TV Live.
The Settings->Audio/Video menu has 4 options (Video output, colour depth, aspect ratio, audio output) but no option relating to file view.  Also the Settings->System settings menu has “Language” etc but no option to set file view.
I upgraded from a WD HD model which had an option to enable list view but I cannot find this in the WD Live.
Firmware version 1.01.00.

If you go to settings, enter,  and then you can cycle through the settings by using the up or down buttons on the remote. There are audio/video, Video, Photo, Music, File Management, Network and System. If you enter the video, photo or music setting you will be able to change the view.

Did you get the manual with your unit? Its on the CD.

Thanks, I will never know how I missed it in the video menu, the menus with the blue light behind them are hard to read on this crt tv.  Adobe reader would not open the user manual pdf file.  I also tried downloading the manual but that copy also would not open so there must be problem with my version of adobe reader.