Folder Missing

I have a passport 2TB drive. I copy a bunch of folders on my laptop and when I connect the drive on my desktop the folders are missing. I did a disk health check and everything passed. How can I restore the folders?

Losing or missing data, folders or even drive partitions is uncertain, but can be recovered. To recover lost or missing data you need help of a data recovery software. Here, I recommend to try Stellar Data Recovery software, it will help you easily recover the data without much hassle.

iazhar…there are various posts on issues of folders/backups not showing up when moving from one computer to another. Many of them talk about folder Permissions.

• if you still have the original laptop, see if you can see the saved data and their locations… Then check the properties/security and open up permissions, especially to all the global users. Maybe the full permission is only granted to specific user name and that user name is not available on the desktop. Also, you might have saved them to a different area than you thought you did.
    -the Steller Data program that mikes2 mentions would be also useful too…especially if something went wrong with that device.
  • I’ve been a proponent of the Free version of Treesize. Its a pgm that gives you info about sizes and number of files in a users Tree. After running, you can expand the Tree to view any statistics. Similar to the Properties used on folder/files except it give the whole Tree.

Hi,

Have you checked whether Hidden file option is checked marked or not. There are times when it is tick marked and this is why files become invisible from the drive. Also, if this is not the case then might be some kind of virus made your files missing from the drive.