Folder.jpg

In the “Videos” section, on the internal drive I ahve created folders.

Movies, Temp, Kids, TV, Work-out

I grabbed icons off google images for each folder. put them in the their respective folders and named them folder.jpg

These worked perfect since I put them there. Then Tinwarble pointed me HERE  for some awesome icons.

I have grabbed the ones I want for each of the above folders and replaced the ones currently in there.

I look in the folder and open the image on my PC and the new image is there, named folder.jpg.

Yet on the TV it is still showing the old image.

I have tried rebooting the hub, turning off and on media library, I have deleted media library and recompiled. I have deleted the corrosponding thumbs in the WDTV folder. Nothing seems to work. Its still showing the old images for all of them.

Any reason for this or anything else I can try?

Thanks

There seems to be a few bugs with folder.jpg, I’ve got a few that will not update, no matter what I do, and 1 that will not show at all and shows the 1st movie thumbnail instead.

Hello, you have to delete (via computer)  the cache files that the WD hub stores inside the hidden folder, once you delete them the WD will create new cache and you will see the new files :wink:

I’ve deleted the file in the thumb folder in .wd_tv , but it still shows wrong

drizzt09 wrote:> I have tried rebooting the hub, turning off and on media library, I have deleted media library and recompiled. I have deleted the corrosponding thumbs in the WDTV folder. Nothing seems to work. Its still showing the old images for all of them.

Hades666 wrote:

Hello, you have to delete (via computer)  the cache files that the WD hub stores inside the hidden folder, once you delete them the WD will create new cache and you will see the new files :wink:

Thanks for responding.

Originally I just deleted the 5 thumbs for the changed images located in: “U:.wd_tv\thumb”

This did not work.

Now what I have done is:

1. turned off media library

2. clear media library

3. from PC deleted everything in the “U:.wd_tv\thumb” directory

4. rebooted hub

5. turned on media library and now its been compiling for over 2 hours

There is only 91G of data being compiled

drizzt09

I’ve got the same problem once!

Can you resave the folder thumbnails with an image editor , like paint or gimp?

and recompile your library.

well since I completely deleted all .thumb files in the hidden folder. It started to recompile. So far is has recreated 39 of them. 5 are the folder icons. Which if I copy “Movies.thumb” and rename to “Movies.jpg” and open it, its still the old image.

The other problem is its getting on 3 hours of compiling and I know for a fact those same 39 files where there 1.5 hrs ago… so in atleast 1.5 hours it has done NOTHING.

I have submitted a ticket with WDsupport, but im not expecting to hear back from them for a few days.

Im guessing the only logical step for me is to copy all my info off to my PC, format the drive and reset to factory and start from day1.

And If I am going to do that I want to make sure the folder icons are proper the first time. That site you sent me to for those icons, they come in a square witha  white background. not the same shape and size of the gallary view DVD cover shape.

Did you change them and have copies of them changed already? In your screen shot they were the right shape and had a grey background.

Ok, here’s what you have to do.

First, a factory reset does not actually rest the HUB back to the way it was the day you got it.  It only clears any data that may be stored in the flash memory (such as login names & passwords), it is only for the current firmware (it doesn’t rollback to the firmware that you had when you got the HUB).  And it doesn’t do anything to the internal HDD, all your files (should) still be there after a factory rest.

The first thing that you need to do is to make the folder icons that you want.  If you are using the Xzener icons, these are pngs, they don’t have white backgrounds, they are actually transparent, but the HUB will show them with white backgrounds.  You have to use a photo editor like Photoshop or GIMP (freeware and what I use) to make the a background that you want (that’s 185 X 278), then download Xzener’s icon pack, open the png that you want with the photo editor, then copy it to your background and resize it to fit. Then save it as “fodler.jpg” to each folder you want it for.

Once you have done that, and you have all the folder icons you want it the folders that they belong, then go to the Theme folder on the HUB from your PC and backup all your themes to your PC.  After you do that, then completely delete the entire wd.tv folder.  Just deleting the Thumb folder will not fix your issue, only deleting the entrie wd.tv fodler will allow all the new folder.jpgs to show up.

Now go to your HUB and Clear the Media Library.  Once it recompiles you should see your new folder icons.  If it takes longer than about 30 mins to recompile, try this.   Disconnect the HUB from your network, then unplug and replug the power cord in.   If it stil is taking a really long time to recompile, then use a paper clip or something similar to push the rest button on the bottom.

Thanks for the feedback

Backed up themes. Deleted WDTV folder completely. currently removed the main folder images for now till I make them the way I want them.

Powered on, its back to the original theme. cleared media library

currenlty blinking and says compiling. Been going for 10 mins now. Now WDTV folder yet.

Going to give it 20 more minutes.

Oh, and this is something that I forgot.  If you were using a theme before you deleted the wd.tv folder, sometimes it leaves parts of that theme behind.

If you run into a problem when you try to copy your themes back to the HUB, go to the HUB and go to User interface themes and if that theme is listed, click on Options on the remote and delete that theme.  Then try to recopy it back to the HUB.

Well its started to do the same thing again. compiling forever. pulling network and power did the trick and everything is coming back together smoothly.

Thanks for the help

Hello! I’m having a problem with the image of my files.

http://i54.tinypic.com/dexquv.jpg

I want the image file to show where the “files” show.If you know what i mean…Any answer is appreciate!:slight_smile:

@skips

That’s a known bug in the latest firmware…

Thanks a lot firetix! :slight_smile:

So it will be solved in the next firmware! right?