Folder.jpg not working after 1.05.18

I had alot of folder.jpg files that were all working right up until i upgraded to the latest firmware, now the folder thumb has changed to the first movie thumb in that folder and ignoring the folder.jpg

i tried deleting and adding the media library share again but no luck. anyone else have this issue?

Comments here are assuming you have a locally attched USB HDD. 

When I have issues with a ‘stuck’ jpg, ie the movie info is incorrect and I import new movie data with a different jpg but the old one still shows, I connect the HDD to my laptop and delete the .wd_tv folder.  When you reconnect it to the WDTV and power up, the .wd_tv info folder will be recreated, and the correct jpg file is shown.

Never tried that on a remote NAS.

I call this a bug…  And it’s been reported in the ISSUES exchange, here:

http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Streaming-Issue/Firmware-Version-1-05-18-for-WD-TV-Live-No-longer-able-to-use/idi-p/315015

Rider, thank you for the tip, but still no go.

Tony, thanks for the info I guess we will have to wait and see if it gets fixed in the next release.

Thanx Tony.  Didn’t see that bug report.

Sounds like I’m going to hold off on upgrading for a while.

Just seen this thread…my folder jpg not showing up how can I down grade to previous version so they do? Thanks!

Hacku, http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5860/~/how-to-roll-back-the-firmware-on-a-wd-tv-live-hub-media-center-or-wd-tv-live

Just a got a 3rd Gen WDTV Live … folder thumbs  worked fine (Windows Share from another wdtv live gen 2 box) updated the firmware to latest  and now folder.jpg does not work anymore.

Could somebody tell us if the problem is still present with firmware 1.07.15?

I believe the problem still exists in 1.07.15

The release notes show a few fixes related to thumbnails but my thumbs are still ignoring folder.jpg, even after deleting the cache and rebuilding.

i’ve only got 178 movie files but have not had any jpg problems so far. i use a mixture of metathumb files and jpg pictures.

alphabetagaga wrote:

i’ve only got 178 movie files but have not had any jpg problems so far. i use a mixture of metathumb files and jpg pictures.

Which firmware version has your SMP? Do you have folder.jpg thumbnails?

yea i have a few folder.jpg but not loads. maybe only 6 :smiley:

My smp firmware same yours 1.07.15… Would you mind to share how to it work by showing step by step?

your favor are much appreciate.

thanks in advance