Folder jpg and ISO Files

I have my windows 7 share directory setup for my WD Live TV Streaming like this:

A)  Main Share (top folder) named “Media”

B)  Within that two folders; one called “Movies” the other called “Television”.  I store my DVD’s in each folder (Movies or Television based on what it is.  - simple enough)

C)  In my Movie folder I originally had an image file called “folder.jpg” which was a generic image that I wanted to use for the folder when I view it through the WD TV Live.

D)  The remainder of the items in the Movie folder were DVD folders of movies.

E)  In my television folder I have a jpg of a television set.  - But that’s not important here.

This seemed to work well since when I viewed the Movie folder on my TV though the WD TV Live it showed the image representing the Movie folder.  Same with the Television folder, - it showed the image of the television set for the folder.

After reading some threads here on the forum I decided to try storing my DVD’s as ISO files instead of DVD folders with the VIDEO_TS folders inside.

After saving some DVD movies as ISO files in my Movie folder I found that now my Movie folder image had been replaced with a poster image from one of my ISO movies.  I tried renaming the movie folder image to movie.jpg in the Movie folder but I still see the DVD poster image instead of my original movie jpg.

Does anyone know how I can fix this so my Movie folder image is the one I want?

Thanks in advance.

Rename any file that has an extension of “metathumb” to an extension of “jpg.”

Keep your folder.jpg as-is.

1 Like

markcl wrote:

I have my windows 7 share directory setup for my WD Live TV Streaming like this:

A)  Main Share (top folder) named “Media”

B)  Within that two folders; one called “Movies” the other called “Television”.  I store my DVD’s in each folder (Movies or Television based on what it is.  - simple enough)

C)  In my Movie folder I originally had an image file called “folder.jpg” which was a generic image that I wanted to use for the folder when I view it through the WD TV Live.

D)  The remainder of the items in the Movie folder were DVD folders of movies.

E)  In my television folder I have a jpg of a television set.  - But that’s not important here.

This seemed to work well since when I viewed the Movie folder on my TV though the WD TV Live it showed the image representing the Movie folder.  Same with the Television folder, - it showed the image of the television set for the folder.

After reading some threads here on the forum I decided to try storing my DVD’s as ISO files instead of DVD folders with the VIDEO_TS folders inside.

After saving some DVD movies as ISO files in my Movie folder I found that now my Movie folder image had been replaced with a poster image from one of my ISO movies.  I tried renaming the movie folder image to movie.jpg in the Movie folder but I still see the DVD poster image instead of my original movie jpg.

Does anyone know how I can fix this so my Movie folder image is the one I want?

Thanks in advance.

Name your image folder.jpg as it was at first, then delete the .wd_tv folder (hidden) from your ext hdd. Restart the SMP the .wd_tv folder will regenerate and you should then see the correct image.

This because the .wd_tv folder may be showing a cached image instead of the correct one.

Cheers

1 Like

Thanks guys.  As you suggested I have the folder image called “folder.jpg” and renamed the metathumb files of the movies themselves with jpg extensions.  I did have to reboot the WD Live TV to get it to clear the cache.  Once I did that everything looks great.  Again thanks!