Folder images

Hi everyone

I could do with some advice on a folder issue I am having.

I am running the latest firmware.  I have my SMP connected to a QNAP NAS server running under a network shre and using the media library function on the SMP

I have got a mixture of video formats, avi, mp4, mkv and DVD rips with each film sitting within it’s own folder  with a structure as below:

Root

Multimedia

Films

Film 1

Film 2

i also have a couple of films that sit directly in the Films folder along with the .backdrop folder and the xml files. 

I want to be able to add a folder image to the Films directory, which i have added folder.jpg to the Films directory. All that shows up on the screen is the thumb image for one of the movies sitting in the Films directory.  I have changed the folder.jpg to Films.jpg, Films.metathumb, but still nothing

Have i missed something?

thanks in advance

try naming the thumbnail to 1.jpg just in case its pulling the image out alphabetically and see what happens. Also you might want to delete the wd_TV FOLDER on that particular drive, as the image might be coming from that. It will be rebuilt next time you turn it on anyway.

You might get an easier/better solution but that’s what i had to do a couple of times. 

edit: or you can read ritaben’s post below if you dont believe me :stuck_out_tongue:

I have not been able to get this to work in 6 months on every firmware, so good luck

The simplest way to get this working is to move the rest of your films into their own folder and only have the folder.jpg with all the film folders.

Another recent thread I saw suggested re-naming all the .metathumb files to .jpg  Then it should revert to using the folder.jpg  You may also have to reset the library after making these changes for it to show up.

All this is since version 1.04 or 1.05 WD set the player to prefer the metathumb images over the folder.jpg images.

@vango44 -

I thought about putting each film into thier own folder, but when viewing in my preferred method (cant remember the name of it, but its the one that shows the info about the film and the backdrops) you have to click into each folder before you get that info for avi,mkv,mp4 files ,etc but not for DVD rips.  I wanted to be able to view the info on each film without having to click into it.

I might try the metathumb renaming and see what happens…

matt_c286 wrote:

@vango44 -

I thought about putting each film into thier own folder, but when viewing in my preferred method (cant remember the name of it, but its the one that shows the info about the film and the backdrops) you have to click into each folder before you get that info for avi,mkv,mp4 files ,etc but not for DVD rips.  I wanted to be able to view the info on each film without having to click into it.

I might try the metathumb renaming and see what happens…

Have you tried deleteing the .wd_tv folder (hidden) on your hdd, because this will sometimes show a cached image instead of you folder.jpg. After you delete it, restart your SMP and the correct folder.jpg should show. The ,wd_tv folder will regenerate once you restart and should cache only the thumbs for your movies.

Cheers

ritaben wrote:

Have you tried deleteing the .wd_tv folder (hidden) on your hdd, because this will sometimes show a cached image instead of you folder.jpg.  The ,wd_tv folder will regenerate once you restart and should cache only the thumbs for your movies.

Cheers> kinda what i said RB !  :P