Folder image issues

So my PC Hard drive died and I lost my folder icon templates[versions 2,3,4]

Currently I am trying to recreate Version 3 but something is not right.

Included in the below download is the TG template I remade and “Movie Collections.jpg”

If I rename "Movie Collections.jpg" to “Folder.jpg” and put on the HUB it works

As soon as I run it through TG using the attached template and put it on the HUB, the HUB does not see it.

Doesnt matter if I generate as jpg, or generate as png then rename to jpg… nothing seems to work.

Download

If someone could take a look and tell me whats going wrong. Thanks

Hey drizz, did you try unplugging the HUBs power cord then plugging it back in?

Sometimes this gets the HUB to clear the cache and see the folder icons.

I turn off the hub, delete thumbs directory. remove power and reinsert, wait till its dont compiling and check.

When I put in '“Movie Collections.jpg” that I included in the download it shows up. when I put “Movie Collections.jpg” through the template in TG and put that on the hub. Then turn off the hub, delete thumbs directory. remove power and reinsert, wait till its dont compiling and check. I end up with the general folder image[the one the theme puts there when there is no image]. So it recognizes the change but wont display the one there. I ahve tested with multiple covers and all the same.

I can get them to show everytime… as long as they dont go through TG with this template. So it has to be something with this temaplate. Have you tried generating and placing on your hub?

Hi drizzt

just tried your movietemplate at my end. no problems.

renamed to folder.jpg, then inserted into dummy movie folder, then cut and paste it ono wdtv hub from pc.

folder image showed straight away without having to turn off hub or anything else.

not sure this helps really?

note i am currently on fw v2.06.10.

one thing that puzzles me at the moment though is that i am also currently experiencing folder thumb problems.

i cannot get my new jpg thumbs to show up at all and yet yours showed up first time!  hmmmm

I can only get them to display if i change .jpg to .png once they are on the hub. weird!!

ok I generated one myself… mayb its the way im generating them. DL, rename and see if it works fo you

drizz,

I took a look at your folder thumbnail.  It appears that the folder icon has to be generated as a jpg, if you generate it as a png then change the extension to jpg the HUB doesn’t see it.  Also, it wouldn’t matter anyway because even with changing the extension, the HUB doesn’t use transparency for folder thumbnails.  The extension change trick only works for file thumbnails.

The HUB wouldn’t apply your thumbnail the way it is.  Once I opened it up and resaved it as a jpg it did.

It should also be reconized if it’s a png (without the extension changed) but the quality will be bad.

I have tried:

1. Start with '"Movie Collections.jpg" run through TG exporting as '"Movie Collections.jpg". “Rename to Folder.jpg”

2. Start with '"Movie Collections.jpg" run through TG exporting as '"Movie Collections.png". “Rename to Folder.jpg”

3. Start with '"Movie Collections.png" run through TG exporting as '"Movie Collections.jpg". “Rename to Folder.jpg”

4. Start with '"Movie Collections.png" run through TG exporting as '"Movie Collections.png". “Rename to Folder.jpg”

None work for me for some reason.

have you tested my generated one from my 2nd post. That is #3

Yep, as long as it’s generated as a jpg it works.

Try this.  Create a new folder and copy a dummy movie file to that folder then create your folder.jpg for that folder.  Make sure that you create it as just a jpg, not a png.

so deleting the thumbs folder, then pressing the reset button on the hub and removing the cable and reinserting got me back to the default theke but fixed the issue… wierd