Folder icons

Hey guys,

i just got my ex2. I am trying to change the folder icons but it´s not working for.

So i began searching the forum and found a post that linked to this article:

http://forum.synology.com/enu/viewtopic.php?f=111&t=63820

I tried this but i failed too. I was not able to add the “s”-attribute to the nas folders. So i began searching for the reason why i can´t give the folders the “s”-attribute. After some hours i found the reason why it´s not working. Samba defaults setting don´t allow adding the “s”-attribute to folders. You have to edit the config file and add:

map system = yes

So i added this line and restarted the ex2. After the restart it was still not working. So i checked the Samba config again.

The added line wasn´t in it anymore. I checked the time when the config-file was edited the last time. This was during the restart. So the system had to change it automatically.

So now my question: How can i force the change to stay or is there an other way to use custom folder icons?

Hi  Hoori,

Welcome to the WD Community. 

Let’s see if some of the users can provide you some information on how to do that.

Samba config file changes are picked up automatically within a few seconds…no need to reboot EX2. If for some reason the changes aren’t picked up after a couple minutes, you can always kill the Samba service and start it again, but in my experience that’s almost never needed. If you do reboot the EX2, entire /etc directory tree is recreated and thus you lose any Samba config changes, which is what you’ve seen already.