Fluctuating transfer speeds

Hi All,

Since some time now, I suspect after the July firmware update v04.00.00-607, uploading files from my PC (Windows 8.1 with 1GB NIC) to MyCloud are being done in a peculiar way. Upload speeds fluctuate between 70 MB/s and as slow as 65 KB/s. At times some pauses are to be seen during uploads.

I have no idea what is causing these fluctuations and hope that I can find some help here in this forum.

MyCloud is connected to my PC via a 1GB router and before the upmentioned firmware update I haven’t run into this phenomenon. Any ideas what might be wrong?

Thanks,

Hans

Yes, several users report fluctuating speeds with the v4 firmware. If I were you, I would downgrade to the v3 firmware and disable auto-update. Then wait for the feedback on whatever new version will come before you upgrade. V4 is not a good release.

Thanks a lot for this tip. I treid to downgrade but keep getting a “invalid file” error message. Attempted to install this firmware as per instructions given somewhere else in this forum. Have you got an idea what might have gone wrong with the downgrade?

Thanks,

Hans

Check this out:

http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-My-Cloud/Easy-method-to-downgrade-to-previous-version-of-the-firmware/td-p/773073

Thanks very much, Etupes. Followed the instructions in the link given and now am back running on full speed all the way again.

Thanks,

Hans