Flickr - My Photostream

I make pretty extensive use of Flickr for family photos.  While I bought the WD HDTV Live primarily for video, the ability to connect to Flickr was a selling point.

Unfortunately, unless I’m doing something wrong (which is a distinct possibility), the functionality seems pretty limited.  Limited to the point of useless.

Is there some way to view -my- photostream and/or -my- sets/collections?  Right now all I can see is a way to search tags (which searches all of Flickr), a way to see recent uploads (which are not -my- recent uploads, but recent uploads to -all- of Flickr)… I searched “my contacts” and searched for myself, but even then the functionality seemed a bit off.

What I’d love to see is the ability to browse my photostream and see my sets/collections.  Is this functionality there at all?

Thanks!
Charlie

1 Like

Exactly my question. The flickr functionality is useless and even more disappointing because it SUGGESTS that you could log in and see your own photos and your contacts’ photos and so on. I don’t get it. 

1 Like

I have no problem getting to my photos - you search for your username and then it remembers your search. But I don’t know how to go by sets etc

What I’m most dissappointed with is that they all show in a very low definition format and as a very small picture in the middle of the screen. I have a pro Flickr account with hundreds of high definition photos. I presumeed I’d be able to fill my screen with them, but no joy.

As it is, the Flickr funtionality is completely useless as far as I’m concerned.

keliwah wrote:

I have no problem getting to my photos - you search for your username and then it remembers your search. But I don’t know how to go by sets etc

What I’m most dissappointed with is that they all show in a very low definition format and as a very small picture in the middle of the screen. I have a pro Flickr account with hundreds of high definition photos. I presumeed I’d be able to fill my screen with them, but no joy.

As it is, the Flickr funtionality is completely useless as far as I’m concerned.

Go to settings, photo setting, click ‘photo scaling’ and select ‘fit to screen’. Your disappointment will now be over.

OK, I just searched for myself as a contact, and it found my account.  It’s showing 34 pictures total.  I have well more than 34 pics on Flickr.  

If anybody can enlighten me as to what I’m doing wrong, I’d be eternally grateful :slight_smile:

Nevermind.  I’m slightly retarded.  It’s showing those particular 34 because I’ve got the rest of them “protected” so that only friends/family can view.

Which then begs the question, why can’t I log into my account and have the WD tell Flickr that it’s -my- account and let me see the private (restricted to friends/family/ me ) photos?

charliegriefer wrote:

I make pretty extensive use of Flickr for family photos.  While I bought the WD HDTV Live primarily for video, the ability to connect to Flickr was a selling point.

Unfortunately, unless I’m doing something wrong (which is a distinct possibility), the functionality seems pretty limited.  Limited to the point of useless.

Is there some way to view -my- photostream and/or -my- sets/collections?  Right now all I can see is a way to search tags (which searches all of Flickr), a way to see recent uploads (which are not -my- recent uploads, but recent uploads to -all- of Flickr)… I searched “my contacts” and searched for myself, but even then the functionality seemed a bit off.

What I’d love to see is the ability to browse my photostream and see my sets/collections.  Is this functionality there at all?

Thanks!
Charlie

Go to Flickr, Search, click ‘Flickr Members’, enter your flickr user name. Your photos will be displayed. If you now go to Flickr, My contacts you will see user name saved (I assume it is saved untill you remove the power)

Too late, I see you have found it yourself

Thanks RichUk, that is better.

But the photos are still all in low resolution even when you fit to screen. It’s better than nothing, but no where near as good as simply using the local hardrive with high res photos.

I presume though, that this is not WD’s fault and that it is Flickr who is limiting the resolution, much like Youtube have done with their HD content.