Flashing Power light - Invisible drive

Hi, would really appreciate some help!

WD My Cloud Mirror: about 4 months ago (I know I’m slow - but I hate tech trouble shooting!), the device disappeared and I could no longer see it on the devices accessing it (a PC, a 2 iPads, 3iphones and 1 laptop). Looking at the device the power light continually flashes and while I’ve tried a hard reboot and used an IP scanner to look for the device I can no longer locate it/access it. I’d configured the device as RAID 1 to ensure files were backed up and duplicated onto the two hard drives. Note there are no unusual sounds from the device and it hasn’t been dropped, moved.

The device was used to store family photos which I really want to recover - I’d be grateful for any help that can be provided.

Thanks

Sounds like your firmware got corrupted. There are several posts about this on the single drive MyClouds but this is the first I’ve seen on the Mirror.

Thank-you for responding sktn77a - I’ve subsequently found this video on YouTube (How to fix WD MYCloud Blue light flashing issue - YouTube), but it refers to the single drive. I’m concerned about trying this solution as it isn’t a WD fix and it refers the single drive (so unsure if the boot software would be the same).

Ideas anyone?

thanks

Yes, I agree. My understanding is that the firmware is stored on the HDD in the single drive units but in hardware on the double drive units. I suspect that method will not work on the mirror.

FYI, the firmware on the gen 1 mirror is the same as the EX2 and the firmware on the gen 2 mirror is the same as the EX2Ultra. You may want to search for similar issues on those devices.