Flashing LED - Green

I am having an issue similar to various people who have posted HELP messages.  I have a 2TB My Book Live External Drive.  I have utilixed the reset button.  I was able to access the drive via directly connecting it to an XP based machine.  When I disconnected the drive from the computer to connect it to WD Live TV, I was unable to connect to it, and the LED has been flashing green ever since.  I have let it run for a couple of days to allow for it to finish indexing with no luck.  WD Live Setup does not work.  WD Quick View will not even recognize the drive. When I connect it back to the XP based machine, it recognizes the drive is plugged in, but I cannot connect to it.  Does anyone have any solutions?

Tango071 wrote:

I was able to access the drive via directly connecting it to an XP based machine.  When I disconnected the drive from the computer to connect it to WD Live TV, I was unable to connect to it

I don’t understand why people want to use a NAS like this.

NAS devices are intended to be connected to a NETWORK, not a single system.

Constantly moving the connection from one system to another is bound to cause problems.

You’d be far better off using just a plain USB drive than to use a NAS in that way.

Have you tried just connecting it to your NETWORK instead of a single system?