FLAC files: info not displayed?

Has anybody been successful in tagging FLAC files such that WD elements PLAY properly displays them?

there are some issues surrounding FLAC but was not aware of this oneā€¦

do you need a program to edit the file info?

what is happening currently when you play the files?

Iā€™m using metaflac (Linux), foobar2000 and mp3tag (both Windows) to tag the files: this results in Vorbis comments.
None of the well-known players (including AC Ryan HDD) has problems with the tags.

WD EP plays the FLAC files, but only shows the file size and type (which is FLAC). Title, Artist and Album are just a ā€˜-ā€™.

One more thing: if the FLAC files contain MP3 ID3v1 tags, WD EP does not play the file with an error (similar) ā€œunsupported file formatā€.

** BUMP **

I am having siilar problems with my new 1TB Elements Play.

I am ripping FLAC using Winamp Pro.

I can find the files in the folders no problem but I canā€™t get the music to be displayed by Artist or by Album.

Under Music option I get ā€˜~OTHERSā€™ then ā€˜~OTHERSā€™ again before I can see the individual music files.Ā  Itā€™s as if there are sub-folders that donā€™t exist.

I suspect it is a function of the tagging but I canā€™t find anything on the net that solves the problem for me.

Am I being a doofus?Ā  If so, please help this doofus.

Thanks in anticipation.

Hoppi

Hoppi: ā€œI can find the files in the folders no problem but I canā€™t get the music to be displayed by Artist or by Album.ā€

I did not even realize that such an option exists :wink:

Hoppi: ā€œUnder Music option I get ā€˜~OTHERSā€™ then ā€˜~OTHERSā€™ again before I can see the individual music files.Ā  Itā€™s as if there are sub-folders that donā€™t exist.ā€

This one is straight forward: remember that WEP canā€™t read the tags of FLAC files

(until now, nobody has stated that he has successfully tagged FLAC files)?

This means, that -from the WEP point-of-view- Artist and Album are always empty.

Now, when you browse the artists, ā€˜emptyā€™ is displayed as ā€˜~OTHERSā€™ and similar for the albums. Thatā€™s why you seemingly have 2 subfolders, that do not exists in the directory:

1 Like

Thanks broeni.Ā  What a wonderful world we live in, eh?Ā  I guess the information is in the manual somewhere, but not made clear.

A library without any classification system.

Having read other community comments I wonā€™t be expecting a firmware upgrade to sort this.