Flac albums out of order

I just bought WD Live Media Streaming and this issue still seems to exist.  All of my song tracks are in REVERSE order and there doesn’t seem to be a way to fix this.  Do I have to return the product?  I bought two devices, but this is the reason I bought it and this is a clear defect.

The only solution at present is to roll back the firmware to 2.05.08

Here’s how:

http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5860/~/how-to-roll-back-the-firmware-on-a-wd-tv-live-hub-media-center

This is far from ideal because that firmware is 4 revisions old (!!!) and much of the functionality of the device will be lost but it works and you can use the music player. I’m still astonished that WD have not fixed what must be a VERY simple defect in all those revisions. Compare the 2.05.08 code with the latest code and play spot the difference guys!

1 Like

There is a post for this issue in the “Report Issue Exchange” http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Hub-Issue-Reporting/Music-Track-Order/idi-p/279022 Maybe you could vote for it if you haven’t already. The status is “under investigation”

I’ve just updated to the latest 3.01.19 firmware and the FLAC files now seem to be sorted and play in the correct order even in the “All Albums” view. Can anybody else confirm this?

Yes!  And about time, too.  It’s not in the 3.01.19 release notes, but maybe WD was too embarrassed to mention it.  I risked yet another firmware rollback to get access to the new and excellent WD TV Remote app, which requires 3.01.19.  Nicely improved accuweather.com service, too.  Here’s hoping WD doesn’t break FLAC again in the next release.

For some reason, their Release Notes are notoriously incomplete. 

I don’t think ti’s embarassment, per se, as they added very clear stuff regarding their munging of drive support > 2TB a few releases back…   THAT was embarassing.

I think it’s just sloppy record keeping or when they “filter” their issue database, they’re only grabbing certain things.