*FIXED* Time Machine speeds - Want to ensure I'm maximizing

Actually, I have good news!

First, I tried the steps mentioned in my first post.  The speeds were the same overnight, except deleting the .plist made it think it needed to backup the entire 500+ GB, losing the 325GB that it took me a week to copy.  :cry:  Out of curiousity, while still having the drive directly connected via ethernet to my laptop, I tried copying the same 500GB Videos folder to the share created for my user name, directly in the finder.  It was flying, copying a couple of GB’s in a minute or two, so it had to be Time Machine related somehow.  I found a post by related to the WD My Live here:

https://discussions.apple.com/message/23685401#23685401

I basically did the same thing.  I should’ve tried these one at a time to see what actually worked, but I was all in at this point.

Stopped Time Machine backup and turned off Time Machine

System Restore (Not touching any data on the drive) to the drive

Recreated my user after the drive rebooted

Went to the ‘Users’ tab and this time set a password

Under ‘Share Access’ for the user, I granted Full Access to my User, the SmartWare, and TimeMachineBackup shares

On the ‘Shares’ tab I turned off ‘Media Serving’ and ‘Public Access’ for each one (Public share won’t let you disable Public Access) and made sure my user had ‘Full Access’ at the bottom

On the ‘Cloud Access’ tab, it’s disabled for my user

On the ‘Settings’ tab:

On the ‘General’ tab to the left, I turned off ‘Cloud Access’ and ‘Drive Sleep’

On the ‘Media’ tab, I turned off ‘Media Streaming’ and ‘Itunes Server’

Rebooted Drive

Went back to Time Machine, selected the drive again, this time signing in with my My Cloud User name and password, rather than ‘Guest’

It took off!  I was pretty much getting the 1GB a minute speeds I’d seen others mentioning.  At about 3 hours in, I’d copied what it took a week to get to previously!  I finished the full folder in about 6-ish hours.  This is more than acceptable for me.  I’m fine with having to hook it up directly anytime I make big changes, until I can upgrade my router.

Again, it’s tough to say which thing made the most difference, or if it was a combination, but I’m betting it’s probably more the properties of the TImeMachineBackup share, and using a password for it instead of it being Public and using Guest.

I hope this helps someone else!