First time using my passport ultra on mac-crashed while installing now won't show up on mac at all

Hi, I bought My passport ultra today and I plugged it into my mac and then went to install wd utilities and security, this crashed near the end, I then deleted the software because I read elsewhere that it can be a problem, now the hard drive won’t show up on my Mac anywhere, not in disk utilities either, I am using mac book mid 2010, OS X Yosemite 10.10.5, can anyone help me? please

I’d try completely disconnecting the hard drive for ten minutes and using a different USB cable. The applications work independently from the hard drive and can be installed even without a WD hard drive, as such it should not affect the unit’s recognition unless it did have a coincidental physical failure at the same time.

Some old Mac computers have USB 3.0 driver issues, and as such it’s best to use a USB 2.0 cable even though the hard drive is USB 3.0.

yes the crashing of mac is now becomes the general issue. Recently i have downloaded the League of Legends on my MacBook. i have noticed that the performance of my MacBook goes down and it starts crashing. I uninstalled the games but still the same condition of my MacBook. I am facing Error Code 924 What is this error? how can i solve this?

Peter William, did you find a solution to this error? I have been looking on several website with no success.