Firmware Version 1.05.12 Damages N900 series BOOTLOADER!

I was contacted by Level 2 support a few days ago. He asked me to send my unit back to them because I quote "the firmware 1.05.12 damages the N900 series Bootloader " I took the unit back to the retailer for a exchange .  I was told not to update my new  N900 until I was contacted by support via email of a stable Firmware update.

Is the latest • Firmware Version 1.06.18  SAFE ? 

Very interesting! Thanks for the warning.

Bill, how come such a warning is not coming directly from WD?

bwoody wrote:

I was contacted by Level 2 support a few days ago. He asked me to send my unit back to them because I quote "the firmware 1.05.12 damages the N900 series Bootloader " I took the unit back to the retailer for a exchange .  I was told not to update my new  N900 until I was contacted by support via email of a stable Firmware update.

Is the latest • Firmware Version 1.06.18  SAFE ? 

OK…this doesn’t make any sense. Why would WD say something like that when they know the word will get out? 

I’ve been running 1.05.12 since about the time it was released and haven’t had any issues personally.

If this is true, it seems like WD would pull 1.05.12 from their download site. I checked, and it’s still available.

I am only repeating myself.  That is what I was told .

I asked why they would not put this info  in the forum and he said it was their policy to go through each person one by one who has a issue ,. He really wanted me to send the unit directly to them but I brought it back to the retailer and told them the first one was broken.  I never even called support . Level two called me directly from this forum. 

I have no idea why they would not pull the firmware .  

I am just posting it here since they would not.