Firmware update hangs at 10 percent

Hi forumers, :slight_smile:

I have a 3Tb that is working fine.

I just bought a 4Tb, a few hours ago. Set it up with reserved DHCP, and created a user account.

I started the firmware update next. it went like I would expect, but then stopped at 10 percent.

I logged out and logged back in after quite a while, and it logged in fine, but went to the window that reports 10 percent.

I let it run for a while longer, but still 10 percent. there is visable network activity, but it appears to have hung, and has been at ten percent for several hours now. This does not seam normal to me, so I thought I would seek advice before pulling the plug and looking to exchange for another, since it is less than 6hrs old.

Any advice, or If I missed the post reguarding this issue… either would be helpfull.

Did you try to refresh the page in the browser?

Note: it does get stuck at 10%, but then it should update… Maybe the browser didn’t refresh in your case…

If the light of the NAS is blue in the front, unplug the power and plug it back.

BTW: you are better off not upgrading to the latest firmware.

If you have upgraded, you might want to consider rolling back to the previous version:

http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-My-Cloud/Easy-method-to-downgrade-to-previous-version-of-the-firmware/td-p/773073

Etupes wrote:

Did you try to refresh the page in the browser?

Note: it does get stuck at 10%, but then it should update… Maybe the browser didn’t refresh in your case…

If the light of the NAS is blue in the front, unplug the power and plug it back.

BTW: you are better off not upgrading to the latest firmware.

If you have upgraded, you might want to consider rolling back to the previous version:

http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-My-Cloud/Easy-method-to-downgrade-to-previous-version-of-the-firmware/td-p/773073

I did try refreshing my browser, and completely logging out and back in. it hung at tem percent for another few hours, before I pulled the plug.

When I plugged it back in, and logged back in, it still reported it was processing and only had progressed to… ten percent. It did eventually error and fail the update, I have no idea when, becuase I went to bed.

I have not loaded any content on it and it is still reporting the original firmware. I may try a manual update, before loading it up with content. If I cannot get a clean update, I will post back.

I was reading about the 4.xx firmware, and did see that there were issues, but could not find one that matched.

I may wait a while before updating this one, as my other 3Tb one is having symptoms simular to what I have been reading about. It works, just slower than it was last week.