I am on aMac. latest OS. I tried to download the firmware update. it is Archived when it downloads. What is that??? How can I find it and open the upgrade???
Updating the firmware on your My Cloud EX2
- Download the firmware to your desktop.
- Unzip the file and you will find the actual firmware in this format: My_Cloud_KC2A_2.xx.xx.bin
- Save this to your desktop.
- Open the My Cloud EX2 Dashboard UI.
- Go to Settings >> Firmware Update.
- Under the section Manual Update, click the Update From File button and a window will open.
- Browse to where you saved the My_Cloud_KC2A_2.xx.xx.bin file and select it.
- You will see a pop up confirming to upgrade your firmware, click Ok.
Thanks. But when I open the zip file it archives it. And I can’t find it.
Also I can’t figure out where the dashboard is. When I open my loud account it just shows info on drive data.
I’m on a Mac so this is all new to me.
Installed unarchiver from the Apple app store? It’s free and the most used tooling for zip files etc. on MacOS.