Firmware Update 8.12 - still not local

Not a lot of good when you’ve got 1.5TB of files and you can only download one file at a time. :rage:

Should be Yes, No, Yes. The new firmware (at least the 8.13.0-131) does spin down the HDD after an hour or two so it does not spin all the time.

Try using the USB port with a USB SSD drive if possible as it should support copying the entire MCH that can be seen by the web app. The MCH USB 3 port is capable of at least 280 MBps (tested) and probably up to 500 MBps depending on the SSD attached. The bonus is you get to backup up the MCH at the same time.

I’ve just managed to change the permissions by cutting a folder from the MCH using WD Discovery and then browsing with the desktop app and then pasting across the network to my windows 11 laptop. Then I cut and paste it back using my mapped local drive link. It works for me.

Bit more detail. I opened file explorer using the MCH desktop app icon which opens to Y: and then I opened a new explorer tab which is a folder on my windows 11 laptop. Finally I opened a third tab for Z: which is my local mapped drive. I cut from the Y: tab and paste into the Windows laptop folder. Then cut from the laptop folder, you may need to deselect the file/folder, and paste into the Z: tab. I refreshed the Z: tab before pasting.

It slows down or it fully stops? Thanks