Firmware rollback

Is there any way to roll back the firmware?

I got my 2TB USB 3.0 Mybook yesterday and it worked fine. Copied 30 gb of files in probably ten minutes or so.

Then I decided I would check for updates. Seen a firmware and software update and followed instructions exactly, disabling antivirus, etc.

Immediately after the update, windows still sees the drive but it runs like molasses and freezes up. I try to copy a few gigs and it will copy a little and then freeze. then it will unfreeze for a few seconds and be running real slow, like 5mb per second. Let it try all night last night and even though the light was flashing, the status bar had hardly moved and was copying at about 6kb per second when it froze again.

Was working fine before the firmware update and would like to roll it back.

Sorry to tell you this dude, but plain and simply: No.

I think the problem is solved.

An update popped up on my windows update that had to do with this drive. I don’t remember the name of it, but it was “WD something or other”. I could tell that it was some sort of driver for this drive from microsoft and was only 21 kb.

Anyways, I let update install it and the drive seems to be working OK now. I’ll report back if the situation changes.

sounds like it might have been the ses driver.