Firmware need x32 Fast Forward

The player is good just the  Fast Forward is not fast enough only x16. and when pausing the movie for a few minutes like a short break  then the whole movie restarting from the beginning

Hi foadi67, welcome to the forum.

Were you aware that pressing the NEXT button whilst in FF skips ahead by 10 minutes?  

I think that may be why x32 FF has been omitted from the unit.

Hopefully we’ll get a “Jump To Time” option in a future firmware update.  The WD devs have already expressed the desire to add it, just a question of where it sits on their mysterious list of priorities!

I didn’t know that. Thanks PP!

I was not aware of this either but I don’t think this is working on the WD TV Live + unit. I seem to recall trying this and it just jumped to the next movie. =(

I’ll give it another shot to be sure…;.

Blood1 wrote:

I was not aware of this either but I don’t think this is working on the WD TV Live + unit. I seem to recall trying this and it just jumped to the next movie. =(

I’ll give it another shot to be sure…;.

It will jump to the next movie if you don’t fast forward and then press next.

Of course it does so on the LIVE as well.

Fast forwarding leaves a lot to be desired at present so the 10 minute jump is better. I often find when FF at top speed that the pic on screen does not match the FF speed and when pressing play again there is a considerable lag whist to data is buffered. Plus, as you have not correctly seen where you actually are, it comes as a surprise when you recommence fast forwarding. I would be very interested to hear how much data is buffered.