Firmware ITALIAN translation

Please contact me to make a good translation, I am a final user, I do translate other applications, as Flock browser and eMule mods, the current italian translation is patetic, it seems to be done using web auto translation. Or please modify your firware structure to add separate lang files so people could be able to modify it easily. But please do something. I cannot read CRUSCOTTO on mediafly for DASHBOARD :smiley:

Despite supposedly being a global player WD does not care about what embarrassing translations are released. User offers to correct the many mistakes in the official localizations have been ignored from day one, even worse, the same team that messed up so badly has been allowed to continue judging from the errors in some of the new items of firmware updates.

You could however add your own revised translation.

Sorry, for the inconvenience, but these were pre-releases.  In a pre-release, translations may not be perfect, but even still, let us know, so we stay on top of it.  We’ve just sent everything out for translation verification.  These corrected translations with be in the next Live and Live Plus firmware updates.

Wow, Tech…  Your penchant for hyperbole knows no bounds.

The three issues I found reported when quickly searching the entire forum (one German, one Italian, and one Russian) were all minor issues.  One was a mistranslation due to the wrong ENGLISH word “Bite” instead of “Bit.”  

Certainly less “Embarrassing” than the manuals we all get with hardware sourced in Asia…  

Example:  A Rifle Scope from Japan, instructing the user to not shut the un-aided eye:  “Both eyes of a man can be used altogether.”  

Sheesh.   Lay off the palaver.  ;)

Bill_S wrote:

Sorry, for the inconvenience, but these were pre-releases.

Excuse me but the 1.02.21 is no pre-release and it stil has all the errors (plus some more) mentioned by native speakers on the forums in response to the 1.0 release.

TonyPh12345 wrote:

Wow, Tech…  Your penchant for hyperbole knows no bounds.

The three issues I found reported when quickly searching the entire forum (one German, one Italian, and one Russian) were all minor issues. 

• *> Well, I guess instead of doing just a quick search and babbling on about hyperbole next time you check the right threads. And no, considering the number and type of errors, these are in no way minor issues (especially considering the free and quick remedy available).