I was going to upgrade to the new firmware and I can’t for the life of me find the “firmware upgrade icon”
How to Install the Product Update:
- Extract the three files (.BIN, .VER, and .FFF files) to the root (top level) of a portable USB drive.
- Connect the USB drive to the WD TV Live Media Player’s USB port.
- Press HOME, and then select the Settings bar.
- Select the firmware upgrade icon, and then press ENTER.
- You are prompted to perform the firmware upgrade."
I press home and then have a vertical list of options. I press the “settings” option and nowhere on that list is there a firmware upgrade icon? I go into “system setting” and there’s a “update device” option, but that’s just to update via the net and I’ve not hooked the player up to the net.
Any kind soul got a suggestion?