Firmware 7.1.0-101: no release notes

MCH got updated over the night.
No release notes.

Firmware 7.1.0-101 (1/27/2020)

• Bug fixes and performance enhancements
1 Like

Forget the lack of release notes. Since the update my nas drive additional services ie plex, or anything under the “Do more” wont “enable” at all.

This so called “bug fix” has actually broken the drive. Anyone else have the same issue.

1 Like

I have some problem with firmware WD release update also 27 of Jan but my cloud home can’t update this new firmware. So my desktop app doesn’t work any more and created a crash of Mac finder

https://support.wdc.com/download/notes/WD_My_Cloud_Home_Firmware_Release_Notes.html

My cloud home is still on:
7.0.0-129 new one is
Firmware 7.1.0-101 (1/27/2020)

Did you restart it?

restart and nothing I’m try few time 4-10sec and last time 30-45sec reboot of my cloud, remove a cable and nothing (desktop application is disappeared, only way to see Mycloud home is a web or mobile). Also is impossible to see Plex

Uninstall and reinstall Discovery? What version of Discovery are you running?

last one 3.6.163, but I also have last up date of Catalina 15.10.3 so I don’t understand if is a bug inside os or wd firmware

Same versions here. But no issue. My MCH got updated. Try uninstall and reinstall?

Yes I already done reinstall and installed at least 10 time with complete removing of all files using WD guides but nothing also I reboot mch and nothing still previous version is mch

Damned.
Is it blocked within the security and privacy preference panel?

where I can found this panel? on Mac or modem ? tks

On the Mac.
« Apple « menu > preferences panel.

ok and inside what I need to do, tsk a lot

I need to select WD inside folder full disk access

On the first sheet where you can authorise application from out side the Mac App Store, you may be seeing a button below to authorise software from WD.

I confirm software from third part and I installed WD discovery also inside of preference WD have access to disk but last 5 days WD desktop app can’t be se on desktop if I forced WD block Mac finder and Mac finder goes off line

If I were you I would remove all authorisation from within this preference panel to discovery et al., uninstall discovery, restart, install discovery.