Firmware 4.05.00.327 anyone?

Just got an update from 320 to 327. It says its only compliance for EU privacy norms… Has anyone else got it too? Did not see anyone mentioning this update.
Thanks

Have you use the forum search feature, magnifying glass icon upper right, to search for past discussions on the latest firmware? If not, here are several past discussion on the latest v4.x firmware.

Bennor,

Yes I did do a search and did gind a couple of posts with simalar issues. I have turned off the automatic updates. In discussions with a family member that has a WD cloud device he also stopped the auto updates as it affected the way he preferred to utilize the system.

Thanks for asking :relaxed:

Carl

What issues are you experiencing? The initial post to start this thread does not indicate any issues or problems with the firmware.

Not having any problems (knock on wood) with the latest 4.x firmware.

First sorry for the fat finger spelling.

I laid out the issues I was having when entering the initial issue here in the community, see below. I found the version of Firmware I was seeking along with the WinSCP application to edit the required file so the system would allow an older firmware to be installed. I have had zero issues since with 04.05.00-315

Unfortunately the latest release of MyCloud firmware on May 18, 2018 seems to have a major flaw for my device. Over the last 5 days I have had to reset (unplug power) the system 4 times. It would appear that the drive has gone to sleep even though the system is not set to do so. The LED is blue, I can ping the IP address but my local Windows systems and my Android phone cannot find the drive.
After power up I can access the system via the dashboard. I do not really care about the EU privacy at this point. If I cannot get to the data what is the point?

I am investigating rolling back the firmware to 4.05.00-320 or one earlier from a year ago. I had zero issues with these versions. These last 2 versions have been a real headache. Auto update is now off. I did toggle the drive sleep option.

Since you can ping the My Cloud. Can you SSH into the My Cloud? It would be interesting to
see what is running when the problem occurs.

my automatic updates were turned off for years now, since i disabled the file crawlers via ssh that went nuts for days and with every update they got turned on again. yet - i was force fed this update. at early morning i recognized my files were no longer accessible and logging into the dashboard found the device was updating the firmware against my settings!! i’m just glad i didn’t simply cut off the power and turned it back on as i usually do when my network starts getting slow.

now whenever i use the cloud via the mobile app, the crawlers get turned on again and i cannot do anything with the cloud while it’s spinning the hard drive for days, but go into ssh and stop this madness once again. which only lasts for about a day.

seems like someone else has taken control over my cloud and my decisions and settings are rendered worthless by this update, but considering the forced update - they seem to have been worthless before.