Firmware 2.03.24 bugs

I figured that since there appeared to be some bugs in the new firmware, it might be good to have thread to list the found bugs.

So here’s my list:

1. .xml & .jpgs for metadata do not take precedence for data displayed.  Mainly the title seems to be taken from what ever data is stored in the cache of the flash memory.  However, if you select “Options” then “View info” the title is displayed the same as it is in the .xml file.

2. Clearing media library &/or removing content info does not completely delete the data.  Even with the .xml file & corresponding file.jpg deleted, both the background (in Gallery View) & thumbnail remain.  Also, clearing the medial library reverts the tilte to the file name & extension & doesn’t show the title as the in the .xml.

3. In Gallery View, the folder icon (folder.jgp) no longer appears in the info plane (ie: the larger icon where the metadata is).  And, I don’t have my folders this way, but I believe it’s been reported that the metadata for movie folders no longer display either.

4. Repeat all function seems to be hit or miss at times.  Sometimes when repeat all is selected it will not play next movie.  I haven’t tested “repeat one”.

5. When you select “Opitons” for movies (which is the only thing that I have tested), then select “Repeat all, or Repeat one” the continue to scroll down the list, the repeat icon will appear for all functions in the list.

Tinwarble wrote:

1. In Gallery View, the folder icon (folder.jgp) no longer appears in the info plane (ie: the larger icon where the metadata is).  And, I don’t have my folders this way, but I believe it’s been reported that the metadata for movie folders no longer display either.

Anyone know of a fix for “number 3”. - folder icons not appearing in Galley View?

Annoying for my tv.shows that the cover art does not appear anymore…

I have the same problem.

[iooops, deleting my errant post… it was in the wrong forum, answering the wrong question!  Sorry!  :dizzy_face:]

zballz wrote:>

Anyone know of a fix for “number 3”. - folder icons not appearing in Galley View?

Annoying for my tv.shows that the cover art does not appear anymore…

No, as far as I can tell this is how the firmware handles the data & can’t be fixed by any user inputs.  I have try multiple things to find a work around for this, but its seems that the firmware no longer links the folders to any metadata.

Another bug that I found is that you can’t add a Folder Icon for Music when you are sorting by “Artist”.