FIRMWARE 2.03.24 BUGS. - Re-Post

I figured that since there appeared to be some bugs in the new firmware, it might be good to have thread to list the found bugs.

So here’s my list:

1. .xml & .jpgs for metadata do not take precedence for data displayed.  Mainly the title seems to be taken from what ever data is stored in the cache of the flash memory.  However, if you select “Options” then “View info” the title is displayed the same as it is in the .xml file.

2. Clearing media library &/or removing content info does not completely delete the data.  Even with the .xml file & corresponding file.jpg deleted, both the background (in Gallery View) & thumbnail remain.  Also, clearing the media library reverts the tilte to the file name & extension & doesn’t show the title as the in the .xml.

3. In Gallery View, the folder icon (folder.jgp) no longer appears in the info plane (ie: the larger icon where the metadata is).  And, I don’t have my folders this way, but I believe it’s been reported that the metadata for movie folders no longer display either.

4. Repeat all function seems to be hit or miss at times.  Sometimes when repeat all is selected it will not play next movie.  I haven’t tested “repeat one”.

5. When you select “Opitons” for movies (which is the only thing that I have tested), then select “Repeat all, or Repeat one” then continue to scroll down the list, the repeat icon will appear for all functions in the list.

2 Likes

Songs are inverse-ordered inside the folders: when I access a folder from the tab MUSIC, i see a wrong order. Instead, when I access them from the FILE tab, i see the correct order.

gaspro wrote:

Songs are inverse-ordered inside the folders: when I access a folder from the tab MUSIC, i see a wrong order. Instead, when I access them from the FILE tab, i see the correct order.

None of mine appear that way.   My only guess is that you need to change your sort order.

Yeah my fault, I feel so sorry. I understood now the order tab in the UI:

clicking again “alfabetical” order, the arrow changed from “v” to “^” and that was the trick. So sorry for not having double checked that myself.

Is there any news on a new FW for fixing Folder Cover in Gallery View.

It annoys me that there is a big Empty Folder  in the top left of the screen.

I cant see why they cant reader the metadata and Folder Images from within the folder.

Or am I missing a trick somewhere

Keyboard bug found:

Some keyboard keys or key sequences stop working after searching for video files.

How to reproduce:

1. Go to Videos menu item.
  2. Press Ctrl+F and type a name of a file you have on local storage.
  3. When search is complete, select the file.

And now, if you press Ctrl+O for the options menu, it won’t appear. Start the video. Now while playing, type M for mute, Spacebar to pause or any other key - nothing works except Escape., though, it still works with the remote control. This strange behavior is encountered only when the video file is located through the Search, otherwise it works fine.

I noticed also a such Keyboard Bug in Mediafly after a search it is not possible to navigate with the Keyboard Arrows up/down but it works fine with the Remote…

it is not possible to navigate with the Keyboard Arrows up/down

yeah, exactly, navigation stops working as well!

• Twonky media server is quirky for me. I configure it through the web interface and restrict access to specific devices. When I restart the server, some of the devices I’ve disabled are re-enabled and devices I’ve enabled are disabled. Extremely annoying.
  • I’ve never been able to log into YouTube using the exact same username and password I use to get into it through my web browser. My password has non-alphanumeric characters and I suspect a bug in the hub is to blame.
  • Deleting videos from the device does not delete the xml files containing content info for those videos.
  • The hub is very inconsistent with detecting new media. I added a new folder containing a dozen or more video files and the hub would not detect it no matter what I did or how many times I restarted it. After about a half hour, it finally realized that there were videos in that folder and then displayed the folder.