Firmware 2.02.32 "The system memory is running low, would you like to boot the device"

Anyone else getting this?

I have the Grid UI enabled and it starts to get very sluggish after a while and then this error message pops up. Upon press the “yes” option to reboot everything is fine again.

Is there a memory leak somewhere in this firmware? It seems as though this just started happening for me this firmware as I had never seen this error message previously.

Could the Grid UI be the culprit here? I did change from my previous theme to this one, but other than that the system is unchanged and still streaming from the same WD NAS.

1 Like

It occurred to me now. It was the first time I saw this error. We also use the latest firmware.

Sorry about my english…

I notice slowness and/or “memory getting low” warnings after using Youtube for months and now in latest firmware release even BBC iPlayer app does it. Just had it take several minutes to even start trying to play a movie. A hard reboot (long press power off) is the only cure. Also some files refuse to play when memory low, but not a cure for the mp4 bugs reported elsewhere at length.

So much software has been piled into this box of late, it must be riddled with new bugs, someof them memory/resource leaks. Without a proper OS underneath maintaining resources (ie like Windows & Handles) misbehaving apps will always cause problems unless they are thouroughly debugged - and this app code is 3rd party. WD have enough issues debugging and testing their own code!

Hi, I’ve only just updated to the same firmware version and started using the Grid theme, and I’m getting exactly the same behaviour - low on memory message and reboot required after every show I watch.  Definitely looks like a memory leak in the latest firmware and/or grid theme.  Can anyone confirm if the issue exists when using the original theme instead of grid?  Anyone found a resolution to this?

Thanks.

1 Like

The latest firmware is a big problem, so just downgrade 1 version back.

1 Like

Hi Marek,

Yup, think I’ll have to downgrade but will miss the Grid interface, I quite prefer it to the Mochi one.

Since I haven’t even had a look how to roll back firmware by one version, is it something that can be done quite easily via the device menu itself, or does it require a more complex routine such as looking for the binaries on the web, uploading via web admin interface, etc.??

Thank again for the response,

Adrian.

@AdrianD

You can find my (easy) Firmware (2.01.86)  Rollback Guide here …

http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Streaming/2-02-32-Firmware-no-longer-allows-content/td-p/781923

Thank you very much Joey, I’m sure this will help a lot.

Regards, Adrian.