Firmware 1.05.21 - File copy fails due to long .wdmc paths

Yes, all .wdmc folders have been deleted, which is what you wanted. Your data folders and your data inside them are untouched however. The only thing to keep in mind is this basically affects the mobile WD photo app (since you basically deleted all thumbnails to your pics and vids by deleting the .wdmc folders). So I hope you knew that.

As for the error, not sure if the error occurred because the wdmcserverd process (program) wasn’t running or something else was the reason. What you can do is simply split the two commands separated by the semicolon and execute them individually…so first run ‘killall wdmcserverd’ (without the quotes of course) and then the chmod one separately. After that you can execute the next pair of commands separately as well.

If you still get the no process killed error after the killall command, then that would indicate they weren’t running anyway. Don’t know why or how that’d be the case, IF that is the case, but it doesn’t matter. Do continue on with the chmod command in both cases.

If my post helps you, please click the star on the left under my username to give me a kudo.