Firetix WideSheet Themes

Firetix Widesheet Theme 2.0

So this theme, supports the new idea of Extremedigital(thanks to him) of using wide thumbnails.

Navigation in gallery view is much more improved and now you can set moviesheets as thumbnail for respective movies or use covertrickle sheets …

list view also supports moviesheets.

Note: See version 2.1 down at before the end of the post :smiley:

download link:

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?zqh1xxr26zslrpo

So here’s a video preview which include almost every views.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDga7_Fhsz0

Screenshots:

poster view(rv_large_video_browse.xml)

I am personally using this background 

in rv_large_video_browse.xml

just change the line

to

to set this background permanently for this view.

wide thumbs test folder:

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?yaucy7lkyqqwek8

Thumbgen wide thumbs template:

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?2p7i0svrq143rk3

download it and just place it in thumbgen template folder…

and generate the thumbnails as you would for custom cover box…

of course you can use your own thumbnails…

i’m using the above so that it takes space on my screen

Firetix Widesheet Theme 2.1

Main changes:

The empty cover box, casing, has been replaced as follows:

if you want to change the colour to red/blue:

Blue: Red:

simply save one of the above in the theme folder i.e in  FIRETIX  WIDE SHEET 2.1\image\Gallery.

Save it as video_browse_gallery_thumbnail_f.png and re-apply the theme on the hub.

credit goes to : extremedigital, PychoTHC, Joeysmyth, tinwarble and others i’ve missed!

3 Likes

Very nice, it’s got a really clean look. Good job.

Amazing…thanks firetix i am going to download and test immediately

Thanks,

I think the wide thumbs can also be used with normal themes (i.e theme with no moviesheet support).

Need to test it later.

and due to lack of time, i’ve not modified  the rv_video_browse_page.xml.

and i just got one idea for a minor change for the gallery view instead of overlaying an empty cover box over the focused thumbnails, i will maybe create a glow color or a small light that is centered at the bottom of the wide thumbnail.It will look cleaner, but i’m a noob with photoshop / gimp lol. All my modifications are done by trial and error. lol

d.a.m.n, this idea just pops out after i released the theme :angry:

I hear you brother!  Smack your head and say “why didn’t I think of that earlier”.:stuck_out_tongue:

The problem with theming is that you have one good idea, release it, then you have an even better idea.

Yeah, i totally i agree with you lol.

I did not think of this all the time i was playing with the codes.

I know mine is on a simpler level but that is how I did mine I got 70 sheets into it and was viewing in list mode and they looked good with the exeption I had a scrolling list of movies to the left then I went to gallery mode and found out my thumbs were little moviesheets there went 3 hours. I just know Western digital is gonna come up with a new firmware that is gonna separate the poster from the thumbs so we can have sheets and thumbs at least I hope Good job though starting to apreciate what is put into this even though it doesn’t do what I would like

HAHAHAHA…OMG

firetix and Tinwarble, i feel for you…

One idea, then another… :robotindifferent:

Firetix,

Awesome work! Pardon me if you have answered this before (if this is the case, by all means point me in the direction of the post where I can get the answer), but how do you get the “Covertrickle” that is shown in the video for TV Shows? I have been looking for a way to have this in the Hub like I have it in my WDTV Live, this is great! Thanks a lot for your help.

Regards,

Bart

BSoriano wrote:

Firetix,

Awesome work! Pardon me if you have answered this before (if this is the case, by all means point me in the direction of the post where I can get the answer), but how do you get the “Covertrickle” that is shown in the video for TV Shows? I have been looking for a way to have this in the Hub like I have it in my WDTV Live, this is great! Thanks a lot for your help.

Regards,

Bart

Hi Bart,

Well to achieve the cover trickle effect as seen in the video…

I’ve first generated all the thumbnails for my videos.

then changed some settings in thumbgen.

In output/input Naming -->Extra moviesheet …

set it as $M\sheet$N

and then generate the covertrickle sheets using a covertrickle template(split-sheet-Episode (fullfan) covertrickle)

use the extra sheet tab in thumbgen to do so.

Then, all your cover trickle sheets will be generated in a sheet folder.

After generating all your sheets simply paste them in your videos folder to overwrite the thumbnails…

looks good. I do notice in one of the views in the video. I think it is this one:

When changing pages the tops of the coverart get sliced as it slices. May need to shrink the useable space a little to correct that.

yes!

It was corrected after doing the video!

exccellent job then

I’ve developed a new set of video_browse_gallery_thumbnail_f.png that can be used instead of the empty casing…

Red:

blue:

white:

Blue:

Red:

white:

I will release version 2.1 with the white one.

v2.1 available here:

** Firetix Widesheet Theme 2.1**

i will download now and test…

btw not checked this version yet but i suggest you release with your very nice looking background included in the theme already…

hmm in rv_large_video_browse.xml

just uncomment the line

to

The background should display fine.

What i wanted to do is to give flexibilty to the user by using a background of his own theme. So by the default the blue background same as in the 2nd screen shot of my first post will be set by default.

But when the user sets a background of his choice, the background changes to the one the latter selected.

Firetix,

Thanks a lot for your help regarding Covertrickle for the TV Shows! I’ll try this tonight.

Regards,

Bart

Hi Firetix,

I’m using your great theme on my 40 inch Samsung TV but it seems that it is too big for my screen. Its like the top is cut off - why is that? What do I do?

Thanks

Hi Slayer66 ,

I’ve never got this problem on my 55 inch tv.

Hmm perhaps this is overscan? on your tv?

or

try to play with the screen/video  settings of your hub.

Hi Slayer, it def sounds like overscan on your tv…

If you have a ‘just scan’ setting on your tv change to this and the cutting off will be fixed