Finally, a possible solution?

Hey guys, I know you’re all really annoyed with me… sorry.

Anyways, I’m sure most of you know the issue I am having with my WD MY BOOK ExHD.

however, a pal of mine suggesed that the true solution is to re-download the driver for it and that could end up fixing the whole problem… any truth to this, and if so, how do I go about it???

Which driver? For the one for the drive simply go into Device Manager and find the drive delete the driver and disconnect it and reboot system. When you plug in the drive it should load a fresh driver.

Joe

I don’t think I’m trying to delete the driver… I believe, from what my pal says. I believe what I’m trying to do is to get a driver back that was accidently deleted.

This link should provide you with everything there is to know about the My Book Essential including documentation and support. Sounds like you need to familarize yourself with some basic concepts about hard drives and specifically the My Book Essential. If you don’t know what partitioning is , or how to download a driver , then you need to read up and understand some of these basic concepts.

My Book Essential

Thanks!

I’ll read it over…