Files overload

I have only had my MYBOOKLIVe 2TB for 2 months,and I only have about 300gb of public shared pics,video and music,but smartware or a backup program has filled up the entire drive,and I cant evn load the dashboard,firmware update ,anything,I uninstalled smartware,all files still there,I dont know where this 1600gb of files is and how to delete,it has also filled up a fair amount of the drive on my pc as well,so can I delete or reset? what can I do?

berndog wrote:

I have only had my MYBOOKLIVe 2TB for 2 months,and I only have about 300gb of public shared pics,video and music,but smartware or a backup program has filled up the entire drive,and I cant evn load the dashboard,firmware update ,anything,I uninstalled smartware,all files still there,I dont know where this 1600gb of files is and how to delete,it has also filled up a fair amount of the drive on my pc as well,so can I delete or reset? what can I do?

you can do one of two things but since you dont have access to the webpage id go with option #2

1. login to the devices website and under the backups tab you can hit delete on the devices listed. note this will delete all backup files

2. you can manually delete files that are no longer needed by opening a command prompt and typing start \the devices IP address\Smartware 

Example: start \10.0.0.103\Smartware

go ahead and substitute the “10.0.0.103” for your drives IP address, then hit enter, you maybe asked for your network credentials just type in your username and password that are used to access the devices webpage 

there should be a window that opens up you’ll see a folder named “WD SmartWare.swstor” in it are all the backup files delete any unneeded files

Please hit the kudos button if you found this information helpful or mark as a solution if I’ve answered your question.