Files.mycloud login down?

Especially when the need is there to work from home or other location. It defeats the whole purpose. I agree with no need to fix something if you can’t go back or have a plan B.

It seems like the https://files.mycloud.com web portal and phone apps are working for remote access again. Hopefully not just temporarily. Also, they updated https://status.mycloud.com/os3 yesterday to reflect the outage. It should show it started March 9th, not March 18th. At least it was updated though. It states it was only devices that couldn’t port forward, bit we all know that port forwarding was not the issue; as many of us had forwarded ports.

I will state my ports are forwarded. They always were. Not sure if they temporarily fixed it, fixed it for users with ports forwarded, or fixed the issue all together.

The satus page still shows there is an issue, but I just tested the phone and site.

I’m still down but yesterday at least it was showing Connected. Today, even with ports forwarded, I can’t connect at all. Hopefully they are working on this and that’s why the change. I really need this up and running soon!

I’d say check in on it later today or tomorrow. It is working good for me. I have been signing in and out on 2 different remote IP addresses. Moving files and everything. No issues so far and seems to be steadily up.

Keep an eye out :eye:. Hopefully it’ll start working by tomorrow.

So far our comms have failed. @ Juicebox. Did you do anything concerning setting, restart or any of the kind? Just let us know!

I have not restarted the NAS for a few days. I was remote and decided to check and it worked.

The only thing not setup normal on mine is that I have the cloud connection set to manual, not auto. Manual requires port forwarding, which I have setup for mine. Not sure if port forwarding help.

If it’s not related to the manual configuration I use, then it might just need more time before everyones connection returns. Restarting the deivce, or at least the cloud connection part, might help.

I’m UP!!! Finally! Thanks to all for their help and comments and keeping me sane throughout this.

To WD - get your sh*t together guys and COMMUNICATE. We all know that things go wrong but hiding it or keeping it to yourself is worse! Think about your customers!!

I’m glad that something is going through. I still can’t get access from my home or other location besides my office network where my cloud resides. I’m still getting this:

Same here. The access from my computer, app or website works. But from my phone (with WiFi down) and from other locations the access cannot be established.
Does anyone know where I can find reliable information about creating a VPN-connection?

One troubleshooting suggestion for those who are still having problems. Use the MyCloud.com web portal to try and access your device. When/if you get an error message indicating it could not connect to the My Cloud. Click the “gear” icon to the left of the My Cloud name in the left column. It will display a dialog box of My Cloud devices it can find. You may have to wait a few minutes for it to finish “loading” the found devices.

Hopefully it will display a connected My Cloud device. Select that entry. For me is showed two entries for my My Cloud, one offline, one online. Once I selected the online one I regained full remote access to the My Cloud using both the MyCloud.com web portal and the MyCloud App for Android. One could probably do something similar using the WD mobile app but I have not tried/tested it.

I’ve the same Problem.
files.mycloud.com is not working = blank page.
But the ios app is working.

Today, i purchased a MyCloud PR4100 and I can’t log in to mycloud.com is that normal?
Login failed…

Are you having problems too?

Sorry bud … you should have checked these threads before purchasing. There hasn’t been access for weeks … feels like months. I believe WD has just plain given up on the problem amidst the pandemic.

Okay I lied, I just checked again and I have connectivity. Hopefully it lasts more than a day.

Huh? Remote access IS working for some of us end users in the past couple of days after the week plus outage. Remote access is working fine for me today both via MyCloud.com and via the My Cloud app for Android. YMMV

on mycloud.com I try to reset password without success …

An email was sent to xxxxx@xxxxx.XXX with further instructions on resetting your password.

I never get any email. What is up?

Ya, I posted right after that when I checked again.

It has just been such a long wait, that I stopped looking about 4 days ago.

Rick

really these guys are full of problems, I bought the equipment yesterday and only on the internal network works…the onedrive on mycloud in my lan doesn’t work error 908 either!

1 Like

Hi all,
New to this forum and was reading the thread because I had exactly the same issue, could not access from the https://files.mycloud.com/ site or the IOS app.

I resolved it by logging into my device and disabling Cloud Services from Home page → settings → General → Cloud Access.

After I disabled and it stopped spinning, re-enabled and everything worked as before.

I hope you all have the same experience.

Good luck!

I own an My Cloud and it’s been just over a year that I am here again troubleshooting!
I use it from a Macbook and iPhone, just found that I was unable to access my files from https://files.mycloud.com/ site or the IOS app today. I think my firmware (v04.05.00-342) is out of date, but there isn’t a new one for Mac and I am really lost to how I can upgrade to WD My Cloud OS 5 without it.
Anyway, the only solution so far was from the thread above, I’ve disabled Cloud Services from my dashboard using its IP address, now I can access the files via the server.