Files.mycloud login down?

I have the same problem. Also visible in MyCloud → Access to the Cloud tab, I have: Connection status: unsuccessful. :frowning:
This is global problem. 2-3 business days??? Great !

If possible try using the My Cloud mobile app for Android/iOS. That should allow one to access their My Cloud remotely even though the MyCloud.com web portal is down/not working properly.

It works only if you are in the same network as a server, but remotely it also doesn’t works.

1 Like

Am able to use the Android app on my cell phone using cellular data to access my first gen My Cloud. Could be because I have the My Cloud remote access manually configured (with router port forwarding).

My Cloud Dashboard:

My Cloud App on Android cell phone with no wifi connection, using cellular data:

Right, if (I suppose) you have static IP address.
In this case you do not require MyCloud services which are down actually.

It is down PC and Android. I just saw that WD techs are working on it, " MyCloud.com Disruption".

At this point (03/09/2020-21:53:00 e.s.t.) its been down for more then a day. this ■■■■■
I should have picked the other guy “Synology”

Look at this: http://status.mycloud.com/os4
ALL SERVICES UP AND RUNNING :slight_smile:
And time is going on…

I’m now getting this,

I’m also getting that error now. Also, the phone app is no longer working. The issue was only with the website login. Western Digital posted that they fixed the issue, but now there is several new issues and it is even worse. This has been going on for days and needs to be fixed. This status page https://status.mycloud.com/os3 has just been showing that everything is fine, but they told me on the phone and have posted here that there was issues. I would not of bought this device if I knew the service was so unreliable.

Yeah, I have got the same error. I remember there is a desktop app named “wd mycloud”, but I couldn’t find the download page anymore…

I cant login to my cloud since yesterday.

I have been using WD Mycloud for over 2 years now and i guess on the whole it’s not been too bad (Down several times and for hours at a time) After the last outage i purchaced a Lenovo Thinkcentre M92P in fact i now have 5 for different NAS Drives around the country and i remote into them and just carry on working through teamviewer when the cloud service is down, just an idea to keep the work moving and downtime to a minimum.

Yes, same login issue

For a while now, I no longer have access to the device from the desktop WD My Cloud. And cannot remove it either. Feel like I should have local access but I have ran out of idea of how to troubleshoot this, I am using a Macbook Air with MacOS.

@nzhao Are you connecting to the same network? or you remotely login/?

Hi, same network but the dashboard app no longer gives me access to the device

For me, if i connect to the same wifi. i can access it, but if i connect to different wifi and access remotely, i will not able to get it.

I’m having the exact issue described in this thread actually Can't Connect, and am trying to find ways to access the dashboard

Same here. No web access available since more than 24 hrs. Device is up and running, can be accessed from LAN without problems but not via webfrontend. Followed all recommended troubleshooting steps (ceritificate acceptance, check firmware version, 4 sec reboot etc.) but to no avail. WD, this is unacceptable!

It has been a full 48 hours that I have been unable to use the device remotely due to issues on Wertern Digital’s end. I have documented pages and a call where they acknowledged it was issues on their end. They have the status page falsely claiming everthing is up and running fine since September, but a quick look around the forums shows that is not true. It also shows they are aware that they have issues and are just not updating that page to reflect issues with their service… making it seem more steady than it is. I am sure the FTC would be interested in hearing about Western Digital selling these devices on the market right now for several hundreds, or even thousands, of dollars with the knowledge that they are selling devices that are not functioning as advertised.

Thhis needs fixed and there needs to be some communication. Quit acting like some crooks!

2 Likes